Official MSWIN TGID 2014 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danw5211

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick note of some of the MSWIN Agencies that I have heard on the system.
Lee County
Shannon PD
Rolling Fork PD
Sharkey SO
Warren Central
Warren SO
All of these were heard on State Special Events Common channels. Start up or GoLive channels.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As will Warren, and others.... I have a strong hunch, by this time next year you will see the Warren TRS become MSWIN... and DeSoto, and maybe Tunica, and watching to see if Rankin moves further on. And am willing to bet a dinner on Hinds too... With the exception of Jackson....I think Jacktown is going to go its own on the upgraded P25.... Which I really hope gets a lot of monitoring so we can see whats going on there.

ssmartt

I'm seeing a couple of unidentified TGs on the Oxford tower. 53705, and 402246. Struggling to get some audio out of unitrunker and 2 sdr dongles, but I'm at least able to see the site and such populate unitrunker.

Any chance one of these is OFD? I haven't heard anything on the frequencies listed for OFD in Lafayette county since I started getting into this 6 months ago...

INDY72

The County does have an MOU with MSWIN.. So any of the agencies could be an possibility. Would be great if OPD leaves the DMR and does go MSWIN. Same can be said for UM.

Speaking of... Have you attempted to try OPD and UMPD on DMRDecode, or the various DSD softwares?

RandyCoward

the local eoc director said that Copiah county want join the mswin they will use the mema hand held 700 freq through hinds rankin Madison no agency in Copiah will join 700 freq as it stands now they may in future going to use talk group thru 700 freq hand held with no base ststion or internet or may use the metro 700 freq by mobile hand held later but not this year would have to update all systems and don't have the money now may get it by rasing taxes or fed grant

Last edited:

INDY72

Per MWCC, Crystal Springs Police, Crystal Springs Fire, Copiah SO, Copiah County Schools (Minutes mentioned Hinds County Schools as well, so thats a big group of users...) will be on the MSWIN. I will contact Mr. Drane and clarify things a little better Randy. Crystal Springs PD and FD/VFD were given radios to test on MSWIN a while back.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am dumb, I did not understand this post "Madison no agency in Copiah". From what I can understand that Copiah County wants to join in the use of MSWIN ?

AC0RV

Feed Provider
I am looking for any Subscriber (UID) IDs that are used by the agencies that border I-55 from De Soto County to Pike County.

Mainly, I am looking for the Ids for the Law Enforcement (all Types), Fire-Rescue, EMA and EMS.

Please send them to fullerdavid63601!@gmail.com in a CSV Spreadsheet format.

Thanks.

INDY72

I am dumb, I did not understand this post "Madison no agency in Copiah". From what I can understand that Copiah County wants to join in the use of MSWIN ?

Copiah EMA is using MSWIN full time via MEMA TG's. Thats per Randle Drane Head of Copiah Emergency Management/Emergency Services. At the time I last talked to him, Fire would still be using VHF High for a while... SO wants on. CSPD, and FD/VFD also want on, and were given radios to test. I am waiting to hear back on how thats worked out. Mississippi Wireless Communications Commission minutes from a couple months ago stated that CSPD, CSFD/VFD were testing. They also stated they are procuring radios for Copiah County Public Schools.. All of them. More as soon as I get the info.

ssmartt

The County does have an MOU with MSWIN.. So any of the agencies could be an possibility. Would be great if OPD leaves the DMR and does go MSWIN. Same can be said for UM.

Speaking of... Have you attempted to try OPD and UMPD on DMRDecode, or the various DSD softwares?

As far as I can tell OPD is full time encryption. I have never been able to hear anything other than garbled audio and have seen 'privacy enabled' in dmr decode. UPD and LCSD still use analog radios. UPD has some sort of tail squawk, LCSD uses DMTF tones. The oxford MSWIN tower seems pretty quiet, I pick up a lot more from laws hill. I am eventually going to get a proper antenna setup and run unitrunker 24x7. I think there is another control channel for the oxford MSWIN site too, I'll have to check my logs later.

INDY72

"Privacy Enabled.. that would mean that they have MotoTRBO Enhanced Privacy turned on. That indeed is encryption. TY for info on UMPD being still analog, we were told they went DMR like OPD did.

ssmartt

Also seeing 13422 talkgroup on the Lowe Mountain tower. I'm guessing MBN. I saw 'muting encrypted audio' fly by and p4 under Svc which I'm assuming is also privacy enabled.

INDY72

Yes MBN is fully encrypted now. We got lucky back when they first onlined on MSWIN and we had a short time where a couple of TG's were clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.