OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

Hammerguy69

The report back is that it does indeed say EDADS with a string of numbers, so I'm guessing a sat receiver for the Harrison County system. Feedline runs to the roof and it only has one run of coax coming out. I was truly led astray.

Wonder why it has a State tag though?
Probably is owned by what ever state agency is using it for interop.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
State tag as it is on state property so if you know anything about state government bureaucracy thats all that needs said. Anything that is going to be part of state property must be tagged, numbered, counted. recounted, tagged again, and recorded in triplicate. Kinda like the army but much less accurate and cheaper.

Wilrobnson

SARCASTIC President (in exile)
Jeez, did I really type EDADS instead of EDACS? Damn, I'm tired.

And yes, Milf, this is the third State bureaucracy I've worked for, as well as my time in FedWorld. I get it.

milf

Careful, I CAN hear you!
Premium Subscriber
if i am not mistake harris brought ge/ edacs a while back .
GE was bought by Tyco/ M/A Comm, which then was bought out by L3 Harris. Well originally it was GE/Erriccson (sp), then on and on. EDACS is now pretty much about totally dead, still some users, but it is disconned, and as fast as possible being replaced by P25 systems. Its the same story as older Motorola Type I, and II SmartNet/SmartZone stuff. Though those are still getting support from EFJ now.

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I’m in the Greenwood Ms are and I’m curious if anyone knows if there are any plans to add any sites in the MS delta? I know that Greenwood Police operate on MSWIN and I hear them say all the time on my scanner that they lost reception or the transmission was unclear.

the PD operates off of three sites and none of them are that close to Greenwood. Morgan city is in the far south of Leflore county 15 miles away from Greenwood and the other two sites are about the same distance away in a neighboring county.

I live in Greenwood and I can’t hear anything at my house with a remtromix or the stock antenna on my SDS100. I had to mount a 60” omni 37’up on my roof with LMR400 feed line just to be able to hit those three sites and hear anything. I’m still in the -100 to -115 with that setup. I’m not sure how some of the radios operate in some parts of town.