OFFICIAL MSWIN Thread

Hammerguy69

The report back is that it does indeed say EDADS with a string of numbers, so I'm guessing a sat receiver for the Harrison County system. Feedline runs to the roof and it only has one run of coax coming out. I was truly led astray.

Wonder why it has a State tag though?

Probably is owned by what ever state agency is using it for interop.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
State tag as it is on state property so if you know anything about state government bureaucracy thats all that needs said. Anything that is going to be part of state property must be tagged, numbered, counted. recounted, tagged again, and recorded in triplicate. Kinda like the army but much less accurate and cheaper.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Jeez, did I really type EDADS instead of EDACS? Damn, I'm tired.

And yes, Milf, this is the third State bureaucracy I've worked for, as well as my time in FedWorld. I get it.

INDY72

if i am not mistake harris brought ge/ edacs a while back .
GE was bought by Tyco/ M/A Comm, which then was bought out by L3 Harris. Well originally it was GE/Erriccson (sp), then on and on. EDACS is now pretty much about totally dead, still some users, but it is disconned, and as fast as possible being replaced by P25 systems. Its the same story as older Motorola Type I, and II SmartNet/SmartZone stuff. Though those are still getting support from EFJ now.

Blaketucker28

Premium Subscriber
Any word on Gluckstadt PD’s Talkgroups? I saw a marked unit today with the Motorola Low Profile 7/800MHz antenna.FDE74053-4B5A-433A-8094-27BF1CE1EFC7.jpeg

Ronnierozier2

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, I’m in the Greenwood Ms are and I’m curious if anyone knows if there are any plans to add any sites in the MS delta? I know that Greenwood Police operate on MSWIN and I hear them say all the time on my scanner that they lost reception or the transmission was unclear.

the PD operates off of three sites and none of them are that close to Greenwood. Morgan city is in the far south of Leflore county 15 miles away from Greenwood and the other two sites are about the same distance away in a neighboring county.

I live in Greenwood and I can’t hear anything at my house with a remtromix or the stock antenna on my SDS100. I had to mount a 60” omni 37’up on my roof with LMR400 feed line just to be able to hit those three sites and hear anything. I’m still in the -100 to -115 with that setup. I’m not sure how some of the radios operate in some parts of town.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Anyone have a lead on 34737?

Caught it this afternoon while on the Camp Shelby site, 1-54. Sounded like EMS, the unit calling was transporting one to Lawrence County (likely the hospital in Monticello). The TGID seems to sync up with the other Lawrence Co numbers.

Another user ("49") called "Lawrence" and stated they were clear of the scene on Sun Road.

TheRadioGuru

I heard that this afternoon as well... I believe that is going to be the new Lifeguard EMS Lawrence talkgroup being they just recently took over EMS for that county. I also caught TGID 34747 which was a Lawrence County EMS unit giving a hospital report to the Lawrence County hospital.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
Nothing new from that site the last 2 days, just the usual Camp Shelby ops. I'll look/listen more next week, but I'll probably only be able to get up there 2 or 3 days.

Technoguy58

I don't see a site 1-54 listed in the MSWIN DB. Is this the site that has been talked about being built on Camp Shelby. Didn't know it was active. Maybe some body in the H'burg area can get the info on it and submit it.

INDY72

Camp Shelby has been active a long time now. Always curious as to how it was not added to the DB. From what I gather there is at least one other site that is also active but not "officially" found yet. Also at least one future site that indeed will fill in the areas that the SOW down on the Gulf Coast is filling in right now. (Not sure if this will be moving an original site, or adding a brand new one as there has been discussions on doing both. AKA the conversion of an certain EDACS system over to an MSWIN simulcast, etc.)

INDY72

I heard TG 31121 8/17/22 I was unable to IDENT, but it was someone working a HS football game.
That is a Forrest County TG. Maybe Petal PD C (Tactical 1 or Events 1) 31119 - 31124 Is Petal PD. Also still unidentified is the rest of FCSO. Jail, Car to Car, Events etc still not ID'ed.. 31100 - 31105 is FCSO. And rest of HBG OPS which is all the ones from 31080 to 31099. And then the other HFD 31068 thru 31070. (Admin, training, etc.) Then there is the gap from 31127 thru 31131. The rest of the FGH TG's... The rest of USM's TG's... Lot of gaps there still. I wish I could roll over and park for about a month in the HBG area and just scan and run Unitrunker and Pro96Com.

Last edited by a moderator: