ProScan: Official Software Thread

Chris0516

I have, what I consider to be. A stupid ProScan programming question. I will preface it, by saying. I looked, But, I couldn't find the answer.

When starting a new system in ProScan. Is there a way(or even necessity), to do a system that is P25p1 vs P25p2?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have, what I consider to be. A stupid ProScan programming question. I will preface it, by saying. I looked, But, I couldn't find the answer.

When starting a new system in ProScan. Is there a way(or even necessity), to do a system that is P25p1 vs P25p2?
Negative. Just enter it in as a P25 Trunk. If you don't see a P25 P1 or P2 in the scanner menu then you will not certainly see it in the ProScan Add Systems.

GTR8000

NYS Database Guy
Database Admin
I would just slightly expand on what Bob said and mention to not add a P25 Phase II system as "X2-TDMA". They are not the same thing, and in fact there are no Motorola X2-TDMA systems left on the air...long gone.

pb_lonny

I would just slightly expand on what Bob said and mention to not add a P25 Phase II system as "X2-TDMA". They are not the same thing, and in fact there are no Motorola X2-TDMA systems left on the air...long gone.
This is the sort of thing which can confuse new people to the hobby... Well done for pointing it out.

GTR8000

NYS Database Guy
Database Admin
It seems that even if you erroneously setup a Phase II system as X2-TDMA, it should still track correctly...however I was only able to test on a few models, so I can't guarantee that across the board. (Not to drift off topic from ProScan, but as a related side note...the HomePatrol version of Sentinel erroneously imports Phase II systems as X2-TDMA...go figure)