bucks83

I Remember DOS
You can at the same time. You don't need to log out of the RR site to use the ProScan Import RadioReference function.
Try logging in to the RR site again then use the same credentials in the ProScan Import RadioReference function.
I don't believe this is a firewall or Internet Security software issue as that message is coming from the RRDB server.
Ok I tried again. This is very strange, I logged out and logged in to RR again and did the same with ProScan and still same message.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
YES, I use the same login for the forums AND the main section of RR.
I would check a 4th time. I'm not trying to be funny but I've seen it before, a few times, the user finally found a typo.
You may try rebooting the computer but I doubt that is it.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
I would check a 4th time. I'm not trying to be funny but I've seen it before, a few times, the user finally found a typo.
You may try rebooting the computer but I doubt that is it.
Thank you for your patience. I even turned off my VPN and still the same message. I will try rebooting later meanwhile, I'm looking for a way to manually enter information from Sentinel into ProScan that I programmed my SDS100 with using the database.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm looking for a way to manually enter information from Sentinel into ProScan that I programmed my SDS100 with using the database.
Go to the ProScan Favorites Editor then File - Open menu. Navigate to the Sentinel Favorites Lists location then hit the OK button. That way any changes in Sentinel or ProScan will be reflected in the other.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
Go to the ProScan Favorites Editor then File - Open menu. Navigate to the Sentinel Favorites Lists location then hit the OK button. That way any changes in Sentinel or ProScan will be reflected in the other.
I hate to sound stupid, but I don't see the "ProScan Favorites Editor then File - Open menu".

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I hate to sound stupid, but I don't see the "ProScan Favorites Editor then File - Open menu".
This image should help. the 1st circle
Now I'm wondering if you were in the right place when you tried to login to the RRDB Import. 2nd circle.

Untitled.png

Chris0516

Thank you for your patience. I even turned off my VPN and still the same message. I will try rebooting later meanwhile, I'm looking for a way to manually enter information from Sentinel into ProScan that I programmed my SDS100 with using the database.
I am confused. Here, You say you have the SDS100 . But in post #6675, you say you have the 325p2. Do you have both?

As for transferring your data from Sentinel, to Proscan. Just upload it from Sentinel to the scanner. Then download it from the scanner, into Proscan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
bucks83,
I missed the part about the BCD325P2. In this case, go to the Database menu then Import then Sentinel hpd...
Select the location of the Sentinel Favorites.

bucks83

I Remember DOS
I am confused. Here, You say you have the SDS100 . But in post #6675, you say you have the 325p2. Do you have both?

As for transferring your data from Sentinel, to Proscan. Just upload it from Sentinel to the scanner. Then download it from the scanner, into Proscan.
Yes, sorry about the confusion, I am trying to program a friends BCD325P2 using ProScan but since I can't access RR through ProScan I was looking for a work around using my Sentinel..

bucks83,
I missed the part about the BCD325P2. In this case, go to the Database menu then Import then Sentinel hpd...
Select the location of the Sentinel Favorites.
THANKS ! This looks like a good work around since I can't access RR through ProScan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes, sorry about the confusion, I am trying to program a friends BCD325P2 using ProScan but since I can't access RR through ProScan I was looking for a work around using my Sentinel..

THANKS ! This looks like a good work around since I can't access RR through ProScan.
It should work. I never really heard of 'I can't access RR through ProScan' other then a credential problem.

{edit} What version of Windows are you using?

Feed Provider
Sounds like a firewall issue. But I've fought the same battle on other applications... Only to discover that the caps lock was on, a time or two the keyboard had sticky keys.... And sending random garbage as output.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know What the delay is for? for example mine is set for 2 seconds is that something i should change?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know What the delay is for? for example mine is set for 2 seconds is that something i should change?
Are you asking about the database/favorites editor channel delay or the Web Page Display & Metadata Delay.
I take it you are asking about the channel delay since the default is 2s. The ProScan manual does not attempt to explain the various scanner functions.

This is taken from the Easier to Read BCD996P2/XT Digital Scanner Manual. If your scanner is a different type then go to the Home link in the link provided then choose your scanner type.
Set Delay Time sets the delay (in seconds) the amount of time the scanner stays on a channel after the transmission has ended before moving to the next channel. A negative delay will force a resume after that number of seconds. This setting applies to all channels in the system. You cannot set the delay on a 'per channel' basis. The default setting is 2 seconds.
Scroll to 'Set Delay Time' and press E/●.
Scroll to the desired delay time (-10, -5, -2, 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, or 30 secs.) and press E/● to save and exit.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I'm quite proficient in using ProScan for my 436 with no problems at all. It's quite easy for me.

I have to program a radio for someone next week. They have a 325P2. Will I run into any issues if I just want to upload my files to that radio for them. As I understand you can use ProScan for the 325P2.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm quite proficient in using ProScan for my 436 with no problems at all. It's quite easy for me.

I have to program a radio for someone next week. They have a 325P2. Will I run into any issues if I just want to upload my files to that radio for them. As I understand you can use ProScan for the 325P2.
I don't see how you're going to upload 436HP programming into a 325P2, as they use totally different memory architectures. ProScan has the Favorites Editor for storing the x36HP and SDS database, vs the Database tab for DMA scanners.

I suppose you could convert between the two, but keep in mind that the DMA scanners like the 325P2 are limited to 16 character alpha tags, whereas your 436HP uses the description field and is not limited to 16 characters.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the insight. I'll have to play around with it a bit I guess to see what happens. If the least of my worries is the alpha tagging I'm not worried about that. I can teach how to edit all that sort of stuff.

I suspect it should work but I don't know. Might have to encounter some heavy editing perhaps.

I do have ARC396 will that work? I haven't used that program in a long time. But that would have the same memory architecture.

I don't see how you're going to upload 436HP programming into a 325P2, as they use totally different memory architectures. ProScan has the Favorites Editor for storing the x36HP and SDS database, vs the Database tab for DMA scanners.

I suppose you could convert between the two, but keep in mind that the DMA scanners like the 325P2 are limited to 16 character alpha tags, whereas your 436HP uses the description field and is not limited to 16 characters.