belvdr

No longer interested in living
Are you saying that it doesn't go into Mass Storage mode? If yes, connect a cable into the Micro USB jack.
Ah, thought it was just a command over the LAN. I'll connect a serial cable as well.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ah, thought it was just a command over the LAN. I'll connect a serial cable as well.
It is just a command over the LAN to the scanner. But without a USB cable, the scanner will not go into Mass Storage mode. Power cycle the scanner with and without a cable. You will find that without a cable, the scanner will not prompt you to press the "E" key for Mass Storage mode.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It is just a command over the LAN to the scanner. But without a USB cable, the scanner will not go into Mass Storage mode. Power cycle the scanner with and without a cable. You will find that without a cable, the scanner will not prompt you to press the "E" key for Mass Storage mode.

{edit} Mass Storage mode works only with a USB cable. If you don't want to use a USB cable then you could use the FTP Read & Write methods over the Ethernet cable.

beachside

Hi All,
Has anybody got any new recommendations for IOS streaming apps? I have used FStream and 5-0 Scanner in the past, but they are now very buggy and unusable, and seemingly abandonded. Any suggestions?

GeekNJ

I have a question on the recorder function with vox. I have a BCD220XLT scanner connected to ProScan and the recording of the audio is working fine and feeding RR. I have the Proscan option on the Recorder tab set to delete < 2 seconds recording entries from grid and file, but that doesn't seem to be taking effect. I end up with 0 and 1 second recordings being captured. Should that option work with just a a vox audio connection or is there some other dependency?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have a question on the recorder function with vox. I have a BCD220XLT scanner connected to ProScan and the recording of the audio is working fine and feeding RR. I have the Proscan option on the Recorder tab set to delete < 2 seconds recording entries from grid and file, but that doesn't seem to be taking effect. I end up with 0 and 1 second recordings being captured. Should that option work with just a a vox audio connection or is there some other dependency?
The option "Delete < 2 Seconds Recording Entries From Grid And File" should work with VOX mode. I'll look at it before the next release.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I run a shared system, in that others in my house use it too. Unfortunately, some people click the X if I walk away and they sit down.

Any chance for an option that alters the behavior to minimize to the system tray?

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I’m running two instances of ProScan 16.4 on the same Windows 10 Pro login user that is administrator level security. One instance serves an SDS200 over Ethernet, and the other is a BC346XTC with USB-1 cable for control and analog audio 3.5 cable from scanner to line in on computer. The SDS200 instance is always flawless in reliability, but the newest installed second instance serving the BC346XTC begins at some random time later going to a stuck state of a looping, repeating audio issue. Each instance is in a different folder, ie. C:\ProScan for SDS200, and C:\ProScan2 for BC346XTC. This stuck state audio “looping” issue can be heard at both the host computer, remote http browser, and remote RSOIP clients. I copied the C:\ProScan2 from the working C:\ProScan folder to set up the newer BC346XTC private feed. Current workaround is to just stop and restart the C:\ProScan2 instance to fix the looping, repeating, audio problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
ScottPDX

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I’m running two instances of ProScan 16.4 on the same Windows 10 Pro login user that is administrator level security. One instance serves an SDS200 over Ethernet, and the other is a BC346XTC with USB-1 cable for control and analog audio 3.5 cable from scanner to line in on computer. The SDS200 instance is always flawless in reliability, but the newest installed second instance serving the BC346XTC begins at some random time later going to a stuck state of a looping, repeating audio issue. Each instance is in a different folder, ie. C:\ProScan for SDS200, and C:\ProScan2 for BC346XTC. This stuck state audio “looping” issue can be heard at both the host computer, remote http browser, and remote RSOIP clients. I copied the C:\ProScan2 from the working C:\ProScan folder to set up the newer BC346XTC private feed. Current workaround is to just stop and restart the C:\ProScan2 instance to fix the looping, repeating, audio problem.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,
ScottPDX

How is the audio getting to the host computer? Is it through the ProScan loopback, Win Mixer loopback, or using a media player connected to the Web Server feature? Focus on the host computer first before the far end.

yukon

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
not sure how to start a new thread but I have any issue I'm hoping someone can help me fix. I have 10 scanners running 6 of which will be running with ProScan. right now I have 4 of them are running with individual copies of ProScan. I am using this usb to serial converter Amazon.com: Gearmo 4 Port USB to Serial RS232 Adapter FTDI Chipset, Supports Win 10, 8, 7, XP, Linux, Mac w/ESD and Surge Protection: Computers & Accessories and each of them are working fine. Later i need to figure out how to add a bcd536HP and an SDS 200 to proscan. Right now is that I have 2 scanners audio running through the computer line input to left and right inputs, these work great. I purchased this Audio input device https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q4WQ7XW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. when I try to connect #3 scanner to this input device "line input" the audio from the scanner is shorted out and cuts off. I checked and found 3.3vdc between the audio tip and the audio input device shield. Found that if I unplug the usb to serial device this issue goes away. any ideas to help isolate the voltage?

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Trying to name UID's. UID Logging tab open. Selected 2 rows (starting simple with Dispatch), selected UID lookup File tab but all that comes up is a "Notepad" example. Are they located elsewhere? Also, under the Options/Logging tab, I do not have any boxes checked. Hoping for some direction here. Thanks to all.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Trying to name UID's. UID Logging tab open. Selected 2 rows (starting simple with Dispatch), selected UID lookup File tab but all that comes up is a "Notepad" example. Are they located elsewhere? Also, under the Options/Logging tab, I do not have any boxes checked. Hoping for some direction here. Thanks to all.
It uses the Notepad example which you can delete the info from if you wish.
Add a few tests and then look at the example file again and you should see your entries.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

That's the right place. Add a line below the examples (like the example) without the pound(#) character so it's not commented out.
What type of scanner and OS are you running?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a question on the recorder function with vox. I have a BCD220XLT (should read BC220XLT) scanner connected to ProScan and the recording of the audio is working fine and feeding RR. I have the Proscan option on the Recorder tab set to delete < 2 seconds recording entries from grid and file, but that doesn't seem to be taking effect. I end up with 0 and 1 second recordings being captured. Should that option work with just a a vox audio connection or is there some other dependency?

Fixed it for you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see it now

You may not need the UID Lookup function on the SDSx00 (along with the BCDx36HP) scanners. These types of scanners has a Unit IDs group under each system. Using Sentinel or ProScan, enter in the Unit ID along with the text tag. It will take up to 64 characters