ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have, what I consider to be. A stupid ProScan programming question. I will preface it, by saying. I looked, But, I couldn't find the answer.

When starting a new system in ProScan. Is there a way(or even necessity), to do a system that is P25p1 vs P25p2?

Negative. Just enter it in as a P25 Trunk. If you don't see a P25 P1 or P2 in the scanner menu then you will not certainly see it in the ProScan Add Systems.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I would just slightly expand on what Bob said and mention to not add a P25 Phase II system as "X2-TDMA". They are not the same thing, and in fact there are no Motorola X2-TDMA systems left on the air...long gone.

pb_lonny

I would just slightly expand on what Bob said and mention to not add a P25 Phase II system as "X2-TDMA". They are not the same thing, and in fact there are no Motorola X2-TDMA systems left on the air...long gone.

This is the sort of thing which can confuse new people to the hobby... Well done for pointing it out.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It seems that even if you erroneously setup a Phase II system as X2-TDMA, it should still track correctly...however I was only able to test on a few models, so I can't guarantee that across the board. (Not to drift off topic from ProScan, but as a related side note...the HomePatrol version of Sentinel erroneously imports Phase II systems as X2-TDMA...go figure)

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Hi Bob, thanks for making a great product. Really enjoy it and was happy to pay for it.

There was a feature I liked in FreeScan for importing from the RR database where it would only import Control/Alternate control channels on trunked systems. Is this something available in ProScan I can't find or possible to add to the features wishlist? I know it's a very tiny thing and I don't mind going through and selecting channels manually. Just one of those organizational things I like to have. If it's not easily possible, no worries.

Chris0516

Hi Bob, thanks for making a great product. Really enjoy it and was happy to pay for it.

There was a feature I liked in FreeScan for importing from the RR database where it would only import Control/Alternate control channels on trunked systems. Is this something available in ProScan I can't find or possible to add to the features wishlist? I know it's a very tiny thing and I don't mind going through and selecting channels manually. Just one of those organizational things I like to have. If it's not easily possible, no worries.
Bob, While I like 'Get Clipboard'. I would like to know the answer to their question, too.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Selective import of only the control channels is not a current feature in ProScan. Please review this page on Bob's site for the proper way to make suggestions.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Selective import of only the control channels is not a current feature in ProScan. Please review this page on Bob's site for the proper way to make suggestions.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - figured I would confirm it was not a thing before I went to suggestions. Appreciate it!

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having issues where the client drops after 1-8 hours? Error Code 9 Client Offline Abnormal
Seems to only happen on one laptop, however internet is still available at this time

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is anyone else having issues where the client drops after 1-8 hours? Error Code 9 Client Offline Abnormal
Seems to only happen on one laptop, however internet is still available at this time
Are you running AVG Antivirus software by any chance?
After it disconnects, can it reconnect by pressing the Start button?
Try connecting to another server and see if the same thing happens.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

It will be in the next release.
Untitled.png

ImC0ld

I got a bug.
Its in 6.1 and 6.8.1
Uniden USDS100.
When its scanning, no audio, all fine.
When I stop scanning, pause on an empty channel (no audio) its fine.
This is the bug.
When I pause on a working channel (audio) I only get 5 seconds then it changes to the next channel. It also clicks forwards or backwards whatever you did last.
If I disconnect the scanner it stays on the channel so its not a scanner problem.
If I connect to the PC its still not a problem.
When I load up ProScan and its connected it will auto change channel after 5 seconds.
I've ticked and unticked everything trying to stop this and nothing is working.

EDIT: Just checked on my old 396XT and its also doing it. Automatically changing channels after 5 seconds.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I got a bug.
Its in 6.1 and 6.8.1
Uniden USDS100.
When its scanning, no audio, all fine.
When I stop scanning, pause on an empty channel (no audio) its fine.
This is the bug.
When I pause on a working channel (audio) I only get 5 seconds then it changes to the next channel. It also clicks forwards or backwards whatever you did last.
If I disconnect the scanner it stays on the channel so its not a scanner problem.
If I connect to the PC its still not a problem.
When I load up ProScan and its connected it will auto change channel after 5 seconds.
I've ticked and unticked everything trying to stop this and nothing is working.

EDIT: Just checked on my old 396XT and its also doing it. Automatically changing channels after 5 seconds.
I think you have your Proscan versions mixed up, the current version is 16.8.0, not 6.

As far as your "bug".... you have turned on the "Resume Scan/Search" function in Proscan. In the upper right hand corner of the Proscan window, set the "Resume Scan/Search" function back to the "off" setting.

ImC0ld

1, I have that hidden.
2, When I unhide it I dont have that options. Its just the left side, the right side (resume scan/search) isn't there.

EDIT: I found if you click the X box at the top right it does open up.
Well, no help, its already set to off.