mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
I take pride in working things out on my own. In todays world several people can afford things they are not smart enough to operate.
I too like to figure things out on my own. Don't want to sound negative but technology has advanced rapidly. I'm 58 and a flooring contractor for 40 years. Hard to keep up with all the advances in the computer/tech field. I hate the thought of buying a newer vehicle with the touch screen BS and camera. Camera, really? It's called mirrors. Anyway, back on topic, buddrourousa, many thanks to you and several other member/posters including ProScan Bob to help us enjoy listening to what we enjoy as a hobby. Owned a scanner since age 12. Things are completely different now. Currently running a 536 and a 200 with Sentinel and ProScan. Thanks to all who help!

Randy_Vick

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps this will help.
Not really. I believe I get what P25 and Link indicate, but I don't get why while watching the log during transmissions the display will change from P25 to Link and in the History Link is most often displayed, but P25 sometimes appears. All on the same system, dept, and TG.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Not really. I believe I get what P25 and Link indicate, but I don't get why while watching the log during transmissions the display will change from P25 to Link and in the History Link is most often displayed, but P25 sometimes appears. All on the same system, dept, and TG.
Sorry, I can't be of more help. This is more of a scanner issue. ProScan displays what is sent from the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for trying ... I reposted in Uniden Tavern

To be more precise, the term "Digital Type" is made up in ProScan. The actual scanner data field is called "P25Status". It's a XML element in the "Property" element. Uniden calls it "P25Status" because at the time, only P25 was implemented.

{edit} ow I think about it, ProScan should call it "Digital Status" and not "Digital Type".

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Hi all anyone have problems with pro scan and windows 8? ports drop-down ports none? tia Mike
I've ran ProScan under Win8.1 64bit before and had no problems.

When you plug the USB cable into the scanner and select Serial Port Mode, did drivers get installed? That's if you have a x36HP or SDS or Home Patrol 1 or 2 model and maybe the P2 series that have USB ports built into the scanner.
Other models would require a serial to usb adapter and the proper drivers for that adapter.
For the x36HP and Home Patrol 1 and 2 and SDS models, a Uniden driver needs to be installed when the scanner is connected in serial port mode.
Mass Storage Mode does not use a serial port so no com ports are created in that mode.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Hey @ProScan, I was wondering. Since TTD went private, could we get some type of TTD system built into either proscan or radiofeed. I would be willing to pay above my proscan licence for it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hey @ProScan, I was wondering. Since TTD went private, could we get some type of TTD system built into either proscan or radiofeed. I would be willing to pay above my proscan licence for it.
You're funny. Didn't you shoot yourself in the foot about 4 times<grin>. Granted, you redeemed yourself 2 times.
You've seen first hand when suggestions comes in initially via email, they get the highest priority. I have years worth of suggestions so it will be a while before I can look in it.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Anyone else experiencing or have thoughts on how to resolve this issue?

I'm a long time ProScan user and PC-proficient so I don't think it's user error
  • ProScan 16.8.1 running on Win10 PC - license purchased and activated
  • Run ProScan, it opens, but only the Favorites Editor opens
  • The other main application window remains hidden and cannot display to the screen, although it is running because I can see the alpha tags changing from the radio when I hover over the application in the taskbar (see attached picture for what I mean)
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ProScan, and a couple reboots of the PC and three Uniden scanners connected.

The problem started immediately after I tried to change from Full Screen View to Display-Only Borderless.

Thanks,
Josh

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 22

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

• The other main application window remains hidden and cannot display to the screen, although it is running because I can see the alpha tags changing from the radio when I hover over the application in the taskbar (see attached picture for what I mean)
Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ProScan, and a couple reboots of the PC and three Uniden scanners connected.

The problem started immediately after I tried to change from Full Screen View to Display-Only Borderless.

Thanks,
Josh

Is your scanner set in memory card mode or serial mode?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

Thanks,
Josh
That's normal. If you have space on the desktop, drag the Favorites Editor to another area or resize the Favorites Editor then drag it to another area. Another way is to check the Always On Top option.

{edit} Another way to get the display in view is clicking the ProScan icon in the taskbar then the display window directly above like the image.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
That's normal. If you have space on the desktop, drag the Favorites Editor to another area or resize the Favorites Editor then drag it to another area. Another way is to check the Always On Top option.

{edit} Another way to get the display in view is clicking the ProScan icon in the taskbar then the display window directly above like the image.
View attachment 93282
The issue is that ONLY the favorites editor displays. Not the main application window, even if I close the favorites editor, I cannot open the other window.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The issue is that ONLY the favorites editor displays. Not the main application window, even if I close the favorites editor, I cannot open the other window.
Do this:
1. Exit ProScan
2. Edit the ProScan.cfg file
2a. Remove these lines
[WINDOW BOUNDS]=2670,0,1426,1112
[WINDOW LOCATION 1]=197,162
[WINDOW LOCATION 2]=1564,246
[WINDOW LOCATION 3]=1357,0
3. Restart ProScan.

cpg178

Does anyone else get RSSI readings in the 400 to 500 range in the history logging area? The aucutal RSSI of the signals im getting should be around -50 to -60 not 400 to 500. Im using 2 BCT15xs via the rear serial port but using the front its the same

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
SDS100 and SDS200 are the only 2 Unidens I know of that show true DB readings my
x36's read in the 100's where my SDS200 shows -60
15x's read in the 100's where my SDS200 shows -60
996P2's read in the 100's where my SDS200 shows -60
all of the above sharing the same antenna system at the same time.