Chris0516

ProScan Version 16.9 Just Released!
  • Added - RRDB Import - Import Only Control Channels option.
  • Added - Option for setting the default tree expand level when opening a database or reading from the scanner.
  • Added - Check All button to the System and Dept/Site Quick Key Status tabs.
  • Added - UID Logging - System/Site-Group-Channel column.
  • Added - Maximum Recording Time option - Added 1, 2, 3, & 4 minutes.
  • Fixed - DMA digital scanners - One digit NAC's wasn't being shown in the History logging.
  • Fixed - DMA scanners - 8 digit TGID's was not logging.
  • Fixed - Bandscope wasn't appearing when the Scanner Type was set to BCD996T, BCT15, & BCD396T scanners.
ProScan supports the BCT15, BCT15X, BC250D, BC296D, BR330T, BC346XT, BC346XTC, BCD325P2, BCD396T, BCD396XT, BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BC780XLT, BC785D, BC796D, BCD996T, BCD996XT, BCD996P2, SDS100, SDS200, SDS100E, SDS200E, UBCD3600XLT, & USDS100 scanners.

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA
Got it yesterday!!!!!
(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Moose

I'm having trouble recording to Proscan with an SDS200. I am connected to the radio with a USB to micro USB connection (and am getting a good display) and a mono audio cable connected to the rear audio out of the scanner and connected to the microphone jack of a UGREEN USB external sound card. (Plug & Play, no driver needed) Proscan recognizes the external card, (it shows as Microphone (2-USB Audio Device)). But no matter what I do it does not record the audio. Any suggestions??

Moose

I'm having trouble recording to Proscan with an SDS200. I am connected to the radio with a USB to micro USB connection (and am getting a good display) and a mono audio cable connected to the rear audio out of the scanner and connected to the microphone jack of a UGREEN USB external sound card. (Plug & Play, no driver needed) Proscan recognizes the external card, (it shows as Microphone (2-USB Audio Device)). But no matter what I do it does not record the audio. Any suggestions??

Problem solved. Evidently the 2 brand new Ugreen sound cards do not want to work. I happened to have an older Sabrent card which I plugged in and it works fine.

Chris0516

Problem solved. Evidently the 2 brand new Ugreen sound cards do not want to work. I happened to have an older Sabrent card which I plugged in and it works fine.
Looking at the reviews(8,906 global ratings, 14,214 global reviews, since 2018) on Amazon. It is 70% +, 30% - on the first three pages. You may have just fallen into the percentage that it doesn't work for.

Moose

Looking at the reviews(8,906 global ratings, 14,214 global reviews, since 2018) on Amazon. It is 70% +, 30% - on the first three pages. You may have just fallen into the percentage that it doesn't work for.

Got lucky later when I tried it in another computer and a BCD996T and it works great. Thankfully these things are so inexpensive.

JimQ

Premium Subscriber
Is that with the BCD536HP or SDS200?
Ensure you're not running AVG Antivirus software as that will interrupt the TCP traffic. A possibility is a flaky cable or connection.
I think I have solved my problem with audio streaming... Low or marginal WiFi signal level at my computer... Tonight I moved my range extender into the room where my PC is and reset the extender... so my signal level has improved a lot at my PC... When I started ProScan I immediately got the streaming audio; it's been running now for about an hour without any dropouts or dropped connections... I'll update as I use it over the next few days..

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think I have solved my problem with audio streaming... Low or marginal WiFi signal level at my computer... Tonight I moved my range extender into the room where my PC is and reset the extender... so my signal level has improved a lot at my PC... When I started ProScan I immediately got the streaming audio; it's been running now for about an hour without any dropouts or dropped connections... I'll update as I use it over the next few days..
Thanks for the update.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Bob is there a way to log the filter settings in PROSCAN for the SDS100 SDS200?
If the filter is set to AUTO can we log the outcome.
Negative. The filter doesn't appear in the protocol data stream and I don't think it appears on the display so there's no way.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
But you have to set up the screen to show it....You can view either of my web server sites to see the filter being used for the system being scanned. But, like Buddro said not sure about searching if it displays or not.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am considering the ProScan to use with my Uniden SDS100. If I am scanning or searching, will ProScan log the DMR Type? For example, CAP+, CON+, DMR, DMR T3 or XPT?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I am considering the ProScan to use with my Uniden SDS100. If I am scanning or searching, will ProScan log the DMR Type? For example, CAP+, CON+, DMR, DMR T3 or XPT?
ProScan very generously has a fully functional, unrestricted 30 day trial period, in which you can make use of every feature the software offers. That allows you to get familiar with all aspects of the software, and in most cases to answer basic questions like these on your own by building up a month's worth of experience.

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
It's probably been asked, but are there any plans to implement shortening alpha tags during imports from hpe files to the 996XT database and other similar models?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It's probably been asked, but are there any plans to implement shortening alpha tags during imports from hpe files to the 996XT database and other similar models?
I'm not sure how that would work? Would the user be prompted every time a text tag needs shorting? That may not be practical with thousands of channels. Would just the first 16 characters or last 16 characters get imported?

4436time

In Gov't We Trust
Premium Subscriber
It seems this could be done at either the HP-based export level or during the import and would also apply to System and Group names. But it would be best left up to you to figure out.

I decided not to renew my premium subscription after 10 years, losing the ability to update my non-HP based scanners, and were it not for Uniden's weekly HP updates and your import from hpe feature, I would be in trouble because there's no other way to do it that I'm aware of. Glad I at least have ProScan for the Uniden's but have nothing for the Radio Shacks.

It's a great feature and selling point for those in my situation, but the long alpha tags are a pain to deal with when going backwards.