TexTAC

Premium Subscriber
It's suppose to change the Alert Color and not the Service Type. I'll look at this before the next release.
If every Service Type was deleted besides Aircraft then the "Find All" box was probably checked.

Yes, I had "Find All" checked. It would be great to be able to change the Alert Settings (color/on/fast/slow) based on Service Types using the same type of interface Proscan uses for the "Set Activity Display Back Color by Service Type" Option in the Scanner Specific Options. That interface works well, but it doesn't allow copying the revised settings back to the scanner. Thanks for the quick response and for developing this incredible software.

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
I haven't seen this before. Can you go to the Audio Control - RSOIP tab and the Playback side. See if the level meters move with audio. Perhaps try changing the Output Sound Device from Primary to the 2nd choice.

It was set to Speakers vs Primary Sound. Changed it to Primary & started getting audio again!

Note, the level meters are always moving when receiving a transmission and the transmissions ARE being recorded. Just no "pass-thru" sound.

I'll keep an eye on it today & check the "exclusive control of this device" suggestion too.

Thanks guys!

IndyScan

Always Connected...
Premium Subscriber
Looks like making that one change (Speakers vs Primary Sound in the RSOIP tab) did it. Been running solid all day with no audio drops. Thanks for the help gents!

Moose

This seems a little odd. All are updated with latest release. Bob or anyone else know why the one display on top is bigger than the others?
Sorry for the sideways pic. Took it as a portrait but it copied over to landscape.

Attachments

• Radios.jpg
    Radios.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 53

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
They're all the same size. You just have one window sized a little larger than the others.

History log. I would like a new log started after 24 hours instead of continuous on one file.
You could use Windows Task Scheduler to rename the file or move it to another folder at 11:59:59 PM, so ProScan will start a new log file for that day.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a recording issue that has me scratching my head. Recording is working as it should however when I play back an analog channel its perfect no issue whatsoever, when I play back a digital channel there is no audio. I have been through all the settings and I do not see anything that would cause this. Any suggestions appreciated

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm having a recording issue that has me scratching my head. Recording is working as it should however when I play back an analog channel its perfect no issue whatsoever, when I play back a digital channel there is no audio. I have been through all the settings and I do not see anything that would cause this. Any suggestions appreciated
Is the scanner type a BCD536HP or SDS200 that's using the Ethernet audio?
It sounds like it's on the Recording side and not the Playback side. I would trace the audio from the scanner to the sound card then to ProScan to see where it's getting lost or divide and conquer. Start with the ProScan Audio Control - Recorder tab and see if the audio meters move when there's trunking traffic.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Is the scanner type a BCD536HP or SDS200 that's using the Ethernet audio?
It sounds like it's on the Recording side and not the Playback side. I would trace the audio from the scanner to the sound card then to ProScan to see where it's getting lost or divide and conquer. Start with the ProScan Audio Control - Recorder tab and see if the audio meters move when there's trunking traffic.

I should have stated, the radio is a 996P2 using the record output jack, to line in on the computer. Audio meters do move. There is indication of recordings, just no audio on playback

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I should have stated, the radio is a 996P2 using the record output jack, to line in on the computer. Audio meters do move. There is indication of recordings, just no audio on playback
Are the actual recording files 0 bytes in length?
The recorder audio doesn't care if the channels are conventional or trunking so it's somewhat puzzling.
Try changing from mp3 to wav format or visa versa to see if that works.

I meant digital and not trunking. Still the recorder doesn't care if the channels are analog or digital.

My guess is the system containing the digital channels. It could be the System level Record parameter not set to Marked Channels or All Channels or the channels Record parameter are not set.

Last edited:

druhe

Premium Subscriber
I have cleared everything and changed the format from MP3 to WAV. I have checked all channels and the record box is checked. The level record parameter, whee is it located ?

I believe I found it and it's set to default 0db

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
In the scanner I think the channel has to be checked to record or else no audio will come out of the record jack. If you check the box on proscan it will record, but no audio is coming out of the record jack for that particular channel. That is the way it works on the 996, not sure of the P2

druhe

Premium Subscriber
In the scanner I think the channel has to be checked to record or else no audio will come out of the record jack. If you check the box on proscan it will record, but no audio is coming out of the record jack for that particular channel. That is the way it works on the 996, not sure of the P2

I checked the channels in question as suggested and the record function is turned on in the radio and matches the database in ProScan

druhe

Premium Subscriber
It's located at the system level in the database.

View attachment 103463

Not that.

I think this is it, the target digital system was set to off, the analog system was set to All Channels by default. I changed both to Marked Channels. Now we wait as the systems are not busy during the weekends.

I looked in the radio menu and don't see this setting, is it a ProScan only setting ?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think this is it, the target digital system was set to off, the analog system was set to All Channels by default. I changed both to Marked Channels. Now we wait as the systems are not busy during the weekends.
I'm sure that's it. Be sure to upload since changes were made.

I looked in the radio menu and don't see this setting, is it a ProScan only setting ?
It's in the radio under 'Edit Sys Option'

Last edited: