R7000

Click the system on the left side (in the tree) then either
1. Click the Copy menu item(in color red) then click the Paste menu item
-OR-
2. Mouse right click then select Copy then Mouse right click then select Paste
-OR-
3. Keyboard CTRL-C then CTRL-V

You can also drag & drop nodes. There are some limitations such as coping trunking frequencies to a conventional system and visa-versa.

What type of scanner?
I'm using a BCD996P2.

I've tried the above, and I can't reliably copy and paste. I'm forced to do a lot of manual entry.
Sometimes I get this "MOVE CURSOR OVER SELECTED CELLS COLUMN" which I don't know what this means.

Honestly, it's my opinion that copy and paste needs improvement.

Tom

Reconrider

I'm using a BCD996P2.

I've tried the above, and I can't reliably copy and paste. I'm forced to do a lot of manual entry.
Sometimes I get this "MOVE CURSOR OVER SELECTED CELLS COLUMN" which I don't know what this means.

Tom
I never have any issues.
First I suggest getting Notepad++ if you don't already have it.
Use that notepad editor to help format and make it easier for proscan to understand the stuff you're throwing at it.
Make whatever field you're entering stuff into, then add 1 just in case.
Highlight everything in that column, then right click the TOP one and paste. https://prnt.sc/1rnbmpq
Wait while the program freezes and updates with the info you pasted. The more info you paste in, the longer it's frozen for.
Also don't be like me and forget to save it after a large import :p

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm using a BCD996P2.

Tom
I think you are trying to do it in the grid which has other features and the copy & paste might not be as versatile as the Tree. Try the Tree on the left side. It's very versatile and reliable.

epc155

Premium Subscriber
Question, and I apologize if it's been asked. There is a lot of info on here to filter through.

I've been running ProScan for a long time. I mostly use the web server. Today, I installed on a new computer, but my web server audio is lagging. As soon as a start the web server, it's good.... 20-30 seconds. Give it a little bit, and it will get WAY behind. I let it get as far behind as 15 MINUTES! I'm running 17.8, which I also ran on my previous pc and never noticed a problem to this extreme. I must have something setup wrong somewhere.... almost thinking it's something on the computer itself vs ProScan. Anyone have any ideas? I'm kind of stumped.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Question, and I apologize if it's been asked. There is a lot of info on here to filter through.

I've been running ProScan for a long time. I mostly use the web server. Today, I installed on a new computer, but my web server audio is lagging. As soon as a start the web server, it's good.... 20-30 seconds. Give it a little bit, and it will get WAY behind. I let it get as far behind as 15 MINUTES! I'm running 17.8, which I also ran on my previous pc and never noticed a problem to this extreme. I must have something setup wrong somewhere.... almost thinking it's something on the computer itself vs ProScan. Anyone have any ideas? I'm kind of stumped.
Are you using a BCD536HP or SDS200 Ethernet connection? It probably is the media player network buffer. If you can, try the RSOIP feature. That uses a custom built audio player that doesn't have this problem.

epc155

Premium Subscriber
Are you using a BCD536HP or SDS200 Ethernet connection? It probably is the media player network buffer. If you can, try the RSOIP feature. That uses a custom built audio player that doesn't have this problem.

No. I'm using a 325p2, usb connection and 3.5mm audio output into the microphone input. I will try the RSOIP feature and see if I have the same issue.

epc155

Premium Subscriber
So you're right.... the RSOIP feature works just fine. So now I need to figure out what is causing the slow down on the web server. I don't mind a delay, but don't understand why it increases the longer the web server runs. Starts off around 30 seconds but keeps climbing from there. It must be something in windows 10, since I didn't have that problem on my previous computers. It doesn't seem to matter if I use VLC or web browser to monitor from my iOS devices. The delay time increases all the same.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So you're right.... the RSOIP feature works just fine. So now I need to figure out what is causing the slow down on the web server. I don't mind a delay, but don't understand why it increases the longer the web server runs. Starts off around 30 seconds but keeps climbing from there. It must be something in windows 10, since I didn't have that problem on my previous computers. It doesn't seem to matter if I use VLC or web browser to monitor from my iOS devices. The delay time increases all the same.
Perhaps experiment with different media players. I've seen the latency as low as 3 seconds with WinAmp. A plug-in that handles the network buffering may need to be adjusted. I would search 'winamp decrease latency'. If the latency still increases over time then perhaps the network connection is not the best.

epc155

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps experiment with different media players. I've seen the latency as low as 3 seconds with WinAmp. A plug-in that handles the network buffering may need to be adjusted. I would search 'winamp decrease latency'. If the latency still increases over time then perhaps the network connection is not the best.

Okay. Got it fixed. I had the web server set to stereo sound, samples per second maxed out, and the bitrate at 96. Changed to mono, 16 bits and somewhere around 16000 samples per second and everything is much better. Lag time isn't climbing and web server response is between 5 and 10 seconds depending on the device and program in use.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
i have a problem with my computer and one of my two instance of proscan crash once a day i checked in the event viewer of my windows 10 and i get this error anybody know what to do to solve this problem
1631729409879.png

my proscan is up to date and my windows 10 also

Thanks

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Typically, when I see those issues, and nobody else has them, I lean toward a hardware issue with the memory.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
i have a problem with my computer and one of my two instance of proscan crash once a day i checked in the event viewer of my windows 10 and i get this error anybody know what to do to solve this problem
View attachment 109557

my proscan is up to date and my windows 10 also

Thanks
If using the Web Server, it's fixed. Will be in the next release.

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Typically, when I see those issues, and nobody else has them, I lean toward a hardware
If using the Web Server, it's fixed. Will be in the next release.

yes i'm using the webserver i have two instance running in the same time with webserver on both and only the one with my bcd536hp with wifi dongle crash my other bcd996p2 don't crash

Thanks Bob for your fast answer i will wait the next release

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Synchro, Going on what was said above. Is your RAM tiny? I have 8GB RAM, I wish I had more. But I rarely have a crash of any program.

no i also have 8gb and this computer only running two proscan webserver don't use it for nothing else but like Bob said he fixed this problem with the next release so it's not an hardware problem

thanks

Synchro39

Premium Subscriber
Do you have proscan installed 2 times each in a different folder with having its own separate data folder

Yes my setup working fine before will see if next release fix this problem if not i will check hardware problem maybe corrupted hard drive or memory but computer is fine and my second proscan don't crash