ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
ProScan Version 18.0 Just Released!
  • Added - Main tabs reorder by dragging the tabs.
  • Added - Favorites Editor - View the differences between ProScan and the Scanner favorites when writing and reading to and from the scanner.
  • Added - File Compare utility to the Tools menu.
ProScan Website

ProScan is the most powerful and feature rich scanner software in the world !!!

Made in the USA

Chris0516

ProScan Version 18.0 Just Released!
  • Added - Main tabs reorder by dragging the tabs.
  • Added - Favorites Editor - View the differences between ProScan and the Scanner favorites when writing and reading to and from the scanner.
  • Added - File Compare utility to the Tools menu.
ProScan Website

Made in the USA
Just updated it!!!!!!(y)

SBSteve

Premium Subscriber
Do a search on this site using "Parallels" or "Parallels ProScan". A lot of links are coming up.
Thank you. I did find a post that appeared to be the same problem that I am having and I tried their fix with negative results. I'm going to try my luck in the Uniden forum because I don't think my problem has anything to do with ProScan as the scanner won't communicate with the Uniden firmware update software either. Thanks again.

EastCoastSunrise

Premium Subscriber
I just got ProScan so sorry if this is really basic question but I was trying to set a "system-wide" quick key like can be done with FreeScan (my previous scanner programming software of choice). Is this possible or do I need to set each site as a quick key or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
East

sonm10

Central MN Monitor
Premium Subscriber
Negative - that was a nice feature in freescan. I wish it existed for my sds200

I just got ProScan so sorry if this is really basic question but I was trying to set a "system-wide" quick key like can be done with FreeScan (my previous scanner programming software of choice). Is this possible or do I need to set each site as a quick key or is there another way to do it?

Thanks in advance,
East

EastCoastSunrise

Premium Subscriber
Negative - that was a nice feature in freescan. I wish it existed for my sds200
Thanks for the help! I might go and submit a feature request for that to exist. Because assigning each site in decent sized trunked system a quick key kinda sucks.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It would be helpful if you told us what model scanner you have.

Generally speaking, if you don't assign a quick key to any of the sites, they will all be on by default. That means you only need to assign a system quick key to the system itself, which will turn all sites on/off at the same time.

I'm not familiar with the "system-wide" quick key that FreeScan has, but it sounds pretty similar to assigning a system quick key, which of course ProScan is capable of doing.

EDIT: If you're using FreeScan I assume you have one of the older models, not an x36HP or SDS series. In that case, then yes you are stuck having to assign a quick key to every site, since those models do not use system quick keys.

For the other poster wishing that feature existed for the SDS series...it does. Assign a quick key to the system itself rather than sites, as I noted above.

Last edited:

EastCoastSunrise

Premium Subscriber
It would be helpful if you told us what model scanner you have.

Generally speaking, if you don't assign a quick key to any of the sites, they will all be on by default. That means you only need to assign a system quick key to the system itself, which will turn all sites on/off at the same time.

I'm not familiar with the "system-wide" quick key that FreeScan has, but it sounds pretty similar to assigning a system quick key, which of course ProScan is capable of doing.

EDIT: If you're using FreeScan I assume you have one of the older models, not an x36HP or SDS series. In that case, then yes you are stuck having to assign a quick key to every site, since those models do not use system quick keys.

For the other poster wishing that feature existed for the SDS series...it does. Assign a quick key to the system itself rather than sites, as I noted above.

Thanks for the help. I guess Ill just be stuck with doing it manually. Thanks for the help.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Thanks for the help. I guess Ill just be stuck with doing it manually. Thanks for the help.
Is there any reason why you can't use both FreeScan and ProScan? If you're switching to ProScan as your software of choice, you can still use FreeScan to apply that system-wide quick key. Upload that programming to the scanner, then read it back with ProScan, and you're all set unless you need to make another widespread change to a large multi-site system.

Certainly it wouldn't be a bad idea to email ProScan to request a similar feature of applying the same quick key to all sites within a system, but in the meanwhile, just use both programs to accomplish that.

Chris0516

I am trying to utilize the Recorder to check a system I didn't hear at the time. Because I was not near the computer. The problem is. When I play an mp3 file, I don't have any sound.

The System sound is on. Because I can hear YouTube videos. But everything I do with the Capture Device in ProScan. Is not working. What am I doing wrong?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am trying to utilize the Recorder to check a system I didn't hear at the time. Because I was not near the computer. The problem is. When I play an mp3 file, I don't have any sound.

The System sound is on. Because I can hear YouTube videos. But everything I do with the Capture Device in ProScan. Is not working. What am I doing wrong?
Does the green playback control move? Can you try to playback the recording using the file explorer? Go to the extreme right side of the grid and click one of the cells in the File Explorer column to access the file. Perhaps reboot the computer and see if that resolves the issue.

Chris0516

Does the green playback control move? Can you try to playback the recording using the file explorer? Go to the extreme right side of the grid and click one of the cells in the File Explorer column to access the file. Perhaps reboot the computer and see if that resolves the issue.
It does move.

Chris0516

I rebooted. That did not correct the problem. There no file names in File Explorer, yet. The green playback control does move.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I rebooted. That did not correct the problem. There no file names in File Explorer, yet. The green playback control does move.
There may be two issues here.

Issue 1: 'no file names in File Explorer ' Clicking the File Explorer button should show the files. If you're using a 64 bit OS then navigate to the recording folder using the following C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ Substitute [user] with yours. Now you should see the ProScan folder. Click on that than the Recordings folder. That is if you didn't change the default recording folder.

Issue 2: No audio on playback. ProScan uses a real simple API that's been time tested. It's one line of code that sends the filename to the API to playback. If you don't hear audio then I suspect a setting in the Windows Mixer Playback side.

KD7DDC

ProScan Version 17.9 Just Released!
  • Added - Favorites Editor - Now can change the system type.
  • Added - Web Server - User supplied, and self-signing SSL certificate in addition to the Let's Encrypt certificate already implemented.
  • Changed - Recordings Auto Delete option changed to separate Days and Hours selection boxes.
  • Fixed - Web Server - ProScan was crashing when using the Web Server under certain conditions.
  • Fixed - Favorites Editor - Radio Reference DB Import function wasn't importing the P25 NAC at the site level.

Made in the USA

Question on the User Supplied Certificates since Xfinity won't let me get a Let's Encrypt by blocking Port 80. I got a domain and also SSL Certificate but which file do I need for ProScan or how should it be formatted?
1635822249290.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Question on the User Supplied Certificates since Xfinity won't let me get a Let's Encrypt by blocking Port 80. I got a domain and also SSL Certificate but which file do I need for ProScan or how should it be formatted?
View attachment 111671
PEM (chained or not chained), DER, & PKCS-7 all should work. I tested using a cert from TrustCor and with someone that works for a root CA.
Did you receive a .KEY file?

What site did you receive yours from so I can try it out and test it.

{edit} Does the Valid box show True or False?

Last edited: