Official STARCOM21 Sticky #3 [Summer 2008]

Are you satisfied with how the system is working?

• No, couldn't be WORSE!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Neutral. It's "OKay"

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Yes, it's working out just fine for me

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Yes, nearly no problems, it's GREAT!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Database Additions/Corrections

I have noticed that their are database additions or corrections and some of these Talkgroups are Encrypted. So I ask this burning question to the authors of these submissions, how do you know? I know I can't hear Encrypted Talkgroups, so how can these be verified as to who the user(s) are?
I also notice frequent question marks next to submissions. While I appreciate submissions to the Starcom database, would it not be better to verify the user before submitting information? I'd rather sit on a talkgroup for a few days until I could verify who the user(s) is/are than hurrying to add an unverified talkgroup. Maybe you can't sit and give it a good listen, which I understand. My suggestion would be maybe put out the talkgroup on one of the Starcom groups and let someone help.

usswood

I might have overlooked it, but after a seach i found nothing...Is there a STARCOM21 map to show tower locations like the one Indiana has for Safe-T??

W9GC

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I might have overlooked it, but after a seach i found nothing...Is there a STARCOM21 map to show tower locations like the one Indiana has for Safe-T??

Yes.

Starcom21_Site_Numbers_Map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.