Offutt AFB Hospital, No Clinic... ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
I was listening to the Sarpy Co Fire pages on low band. =) And today alone I heard two ALS med runs to the Offutt AFB Hospital (Ehrling Bergquist) which now the signs read "Clinic"...

You would think Offutt could take care of it's own people, or at least use their own squad and take the people to Midlands.

SCPD

QRT
NeFire242 said:
I was listening to the Sarpy Co Fire pages on low band. =) And today alone I heard two ALS med runs to the Offutt AFB Hospital (Ehrling Bergquist) which now the signs read "Clinic"...

You would think Offutt could take care of it's own people, or at least use their own squad and take the people to Midlands.

No. The base that I was at only had a clinic open during "normal duty hours." It did have it's own EMS but they still used the county EMS for most of the time. The base EMS would transport to the clinic and then the county EMS would transport to the hospital downtown. If the patient was in serous condition then the base EMS would transport to the hospital.

two reasons cheaper for the military and manning.

Last edited:

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok, I just didn't see how it could be as feasible since you're loading and offloading a patient several times. I've seen also where Bellevue will make rescue calls to medical clinics and then take people onto Midlands. I would just think if you have the patient and it was bad enough to call 911 and get a squad in the first place, we're going all the way to the hospital then we're not making stops for coffee or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.