Ogemaw County P25 gone missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

avesteve

Recently this group has stopped working on all of the 396t and xt's I have sold. All of the neighboring county's P25 systems are working normally as is MPSCS. I have reprogrammed the Ogemaw system in my MULE 396t (all firmware updated) thinking a corrupt file because this was loaded two years ago. No change, still no Ogemaw P25. Thinking a control channel change may have occurred I installed all 81 frequencies for it to look through, still nothing. I then ran a search on all frequencies between 866.0000 and 868.9875 for hours with no hits from Ogemaw county. RR's live feed for Ogemaw is fine. What might I be missing?
Any help appreciated.
Steve

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I have my mpscs uasd file that includes a couple Ogemaw groups and every CC in the state listed on the database so it will be sure to find an available working tower! hehe
So you can add the remaining Ogemaw id's from the database. Although the file has 195 of 'em so the limit for the 396 is 200.
You probably will have to join this yahoo group to gain access to it.
Or email me by using a link on my website at the bottom of this message.
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/8Cw9S5.../BCD396T UASD/Michigan/Michigan MPSCS 396.usd

all files
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BCD396T/files/ Software Files (UASD and MEM)/BCD396T UASD/Michigan/

Last edited:

avesteve

Ogemaw P25 gone missing

Thanks for the suggestions, however these frequencies and talkgroups are well known to me and are already programmed into the scanners,plus many other TG now in use here. I have re-programmed and double checked. The repeater is only 2 miles away and I used to pick t up even without an antenna on the radio. Beats me why I get zero activity now when last month (November) they all were fine. When Ogemaw Police cars leave the county and check into another county I can hear them on the other countys' system. Something has changed here and I cannot put my finger on it. None of these talkgroups are being received any more.

BCD396T

These are the frequencies and Talk Groups I have currently loaded. I used Freescan.
868.9125 cc
868.4125 scc

Display TGID L/O Pri AudioType Comment
West Branch PD 1405 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw Cnty PD 1389 False True Digital Only
Ogemaw NARC Enf 1375 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw 911 Disp 1389 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw 911 Lein 1390 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw Rd Patrol 1391 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw All Agcys 1392 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw Spec Evnt 1393 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw Spec Evnt 1394 False False Digital Only
LifeNet Mi. 1369 False False Digital Only
Aero Med 3386 False False Digital Only
OGM CNTY Det 1387 False False Digital Only
W Brnch police 1388 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw Fire 911 1552 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw fire 1 1576 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw fire 2 1577 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw fire 3 1578 False False Digital Only
Ogemaw EMS 911 1579 False False Digital Only

Any other suggestions are certainly welcomed!
Is there any other information I can add to assist in a diagnosis?
Steve

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Im pretty sure I have picked them up but honestly didnt pay full attention as much as I would have if it was in or near my county. I'll let ya know if I get something.

Another thing is if while scanning the group, push the HOLD button and does it display a frequency and does it show then at the top, SID: (hexadecimal #'s) and show something in the signal strength area in upper right? If so, your getting the signal!
Then at that point its programming error.

Just some stabs at it, do you have ICALL set for ONLY, should be ON or off. Talk groups locked out? Mess with P25 levels? put back to auto. Modulation? should be set to auto. Attenuator? should be set to off. When you go into the system do you have any of the sub groups, -> edit group (group name) then scroll to lockout and it should be set to off.

As I state to many people I have helped, it doesn't take much at all on these more complicated gizmos to do a whoops and make it not work right or not at all. Been there, done that !

Still not working? Additionally if you grabbed my .uasd file and tried that one, although I don't have all the Ogemaw's programmed in, I have 1389 & 1391 in. I kept running into the 200 ID limitations of the 396T, my current one has 195. if mine works for you, again its just probably one adjustment on your setup is all. In freescan, FILE, Import from UASD - navigate to the file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.