Oglesby FD and Seneca FD/ EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Hearing this friday Oglesby FD will switch over to another frequency so they arent on two different ones like they are now for Valcom. FCC license search shows them adding 3 new frequencies 155.8725 added twice and 153.8600

also Seneca FD/Ems just purchased APX 8000xe portables and APX 4500 mobiles to switch to Starcom soon. Some of the channels will be ENC also will have a direct ENC talkgroup to Morris ER

MikeyC

Hearing this friday Oglesby FD will switch over to another frequency so they arent on two different ones like they are now for Valcom. FCC license search shows them adding 3 new frequencies 155.8725 added twice and 153.8600

also Seneca FD/Ems just purchased APX 8000xe portables and APX 4500 mobiles to switch to Starcom soon. Some of the channels will be ENC also will have a direct ENC talkgroup to Morris ER

Having Oglesby FD dispatched on the PD frequency then using their old channel for the response seemed kind of odd to me. I wonder why they're not staying on 155.2350?

The Seneca FD switch to StarCom is odd too but also makes sense ;) Their PD just left StarCom because of coverage issues but Grundy County is moving to StarCom so I imagine the PD might go back there too. I wonder if they're going to provide a StarCom radio or two to Marseilles since they run mutual aid into Seneca quite a bit?

nick223

Feed Provider
Having Oglesby FD dispatched on the PD frequency then using their old channel for the response seemed kind of odd to me. I wonder why they're not staying on 155.2350?

The Seneca FD switch to StarCom is odd too but also makes sense ;) Their PD just left StarCom because of coverage issues but Grundy County is moving to StarCom so I imagine the PD might go back there too. I wonder if they're going to provide a StarCom radio or two to Marseilles since they run mutual aid into Seneca quite a bit?

Looks like Oglesby FD will be on a repeater now
153.86000 RX
155.8725 TX
If I deciphered the FCC license correctly.

As for Seneca they are putting a starcom site in on a tower just north of town. Im not sure what Marseilles will do. I do know the chief refuses to go to starcom with all the fees to belong to the system.

ricepaddydaddy

Premium Subscriber
seneca will go back to sc when grundy/morris rolls. they have a tower on hill n of town linked to morris for now. they could not get sig from sc at all times so waiting to roll when morris becomes sc and shares tower s etc

Status
Not open for further replies.