Oh Come on! Where's the Icons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

screamin72

Well decided on ACARSD and it works but one problem is....planespotting.net is gone and the only photo source is airliners.net. How can I set ACARSD to download photos from airliners.net? planespotting.net is where acarsd used to get photos from. I have updated the databases in the menus. It's working with this for output:

NO AIRPLANE ICONS!:confused:

UPDATE:

Best advise for myself (and if anyone else does what I do) is stop panicking and look harder to solve a problem. I did some googling and it turned up a forum elsewhere that said its a plugin that changes the image server and now I have 4 to choose from. It's located in the extracted archive. All 3 need to be copied over to the c:\acard\plugins folder. Then load them in ACARSD menu and change server. It'll work as long as there is a matching image. Here is the real outcome:

The plug in is called "Use different picture database as iconserver V1.12b" Written by KJM acarsd@acarsd.org.

The jetphotos.com database crashes acarsd.

Last edited:

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
First, I'd say go with ACARSD1.70RC3 - there's a plugin for the "iconserver" where you can set which site to pull them from. There's maybe 6 servers you can use. The last time I ran it (which was awhile ago) I was using myaviation.net.

Here's the RC3 link:
http://www.acarsd.org/RC/

Oh and the same guys behind ACARSD moved on to libhomeradar.org. Their "winsend2" software has a built-in ACARS decoder: http://www.libhomeradar.org/contribution2.html

That was the last piece I played with before just sharing ACARS via PlanePlotter instead of actually monitoring it.

Last edited:
S

screamin72

First, I'd say go with ACARSD1.70RC3 - there's a plugin for the "iconserver" where you can set which site to pull them from. There's maybe 6 servers you can use. The last time I ran it (which was awhile ago) I was using myaviation.net.

Here's the RC3 link:
1.70 RC's

Oh and the same guys behind ACARSD moved on to libhomeradar.org. Their "winsend2" software has a built-in ACARS decoder: libhomeradar - easy collect aircraft information - Configuring contribution tool winsend2

That was the last piece I played with before just sharing ACARS via PlanePlotter instead of actually monitoring it.
Well I think I updated my post while you were typing yours. Got it working as it is. I will check out winsend and thanks for replying.:cool:

jazzbassNick

Feed Provider
hah...that's totally what happened. I wasn't sure that the plugin in 1.65 was the same as 1.70rc3, but it is indeed the same.

Glad you got it workin'.

Homeboys-Scanna

Banned
Bumping an old thread here. I have 1.65 and can't get icon images to show up. How did you get it working? I can't tell from the original posts exactly what to do. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.