Oh look, another 668 issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

Went to hook my 668 to a new computer, and low n behold, can't load software! Got a error message..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Check RRef search box for the answer. It's been given out with each new scanner from the GRE-PSR800 to the WS1080, RS-Pro668, WS1088, WS1095-98 and the new TRX-1/2. This same problem was discussed with each one of those in the forums.

jim202

It would help to provide an answer if you provide some more info when you ask a question like this. Not trying to be a pain, but look at it from the other side here of the people that might have the solution for you. Give them something to work with.

What version of Windows are you using?

What exactly is the error message your getting?

Did you set the connection type in the software you were using? I say this because some software use the serial connection and some use the USB connection.

What software are you trying to use to communicate with the scanner. There are several software packages that are available to communicate with the scanner.

firecatohio

Reoccurring problem

Again trying to work with this pro668. I get this error message when trying to setup on computer. What do I need to do since my scanner is now a useless unprogrammed paper weight...

firecatohio

56bc73dd1eab7f24162032472bbe4535.jpg

Blackswan73

Looks like your install file is corrupted. You can get another install file, or you can just enter your zip code. The scanner can be programmed without using a computer. In, I never used the software on any of my 668's

firecatohio

Hard to update without software.. plus when input my zip, it says nothing to play

Blackswan73

After you enter your zip, it loads channels from the database on the SD card. After it is done, it will ask if you want to save. After it saves the channels, make sure your channel lists are enabled. By default they will be 150-200. Unless your area has had recent frequency changes, or talkgroups added, there is no need to update the scanner. As for the software, there are several threads on this forum that has links to download the software. More info on programming your scanner can be found here:
Easier to Read Pro-668/PSR800 Digital Scanner and EZ-Scan/iScan Software Manual

SCPD

QRT
Thats a website at .net ,surely you must have a virus of some sort.Run AVG free full scan and let it finish. or try and get the download from another computer,that one you are using is compromised. Test it,try and get it from the Radio Shack site or from someone on here get the software. check this thread also : Radio Shack Scanners - The RadioReference.com Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.