OH MARCS vs Holiday Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've had my PSR500 since January. I monitor MARCS (OSP) fairly regularly.

I must say, looks like revenue generation was in FULL SWING this weekend. I have never experienced the sheer volume of radio trafic on MARCS that I experienced this weekend --- around the clock and via all posts that I monitor...

It was to the point that if I wanted to monitor anything else I had to disable my MARCS bank on my scanner.

Clearly MUCH higher volume that I have ever heard.

Not a big deal, just interesting.

jerk

All in the name of "safety"

If they would put the fines into MARCS upgrades or road repair I would buy that line a lot better.
Yes, they were out early Sunday morning on I-77 in Canton. I didn't lsiten today, but it was probably mostly quiet, all I saw was DOT today.

Well, I've had my PSR500 since January. I monitor MARCS (OSP) fairly regularly.

I must say, looks like revenue generation was in FULL SWING this weekend. I have never experienced the sheer volume of radio trafic on MARCS that I experienced this weekend --- around the clock and via all posts that I monitor...

It was to the point that if I wanted to monitor anything else I had to disable my MARCS bank on my scanner.

Clearly MUCH higher volume that I have ever heard.

Not a big deal, just interesting.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Well, I for one feel incredibly safer.... with the OSP looking out for me and any one of three local news station ALWAYS telling me to wear a coat in the winter as they are "just trying to keep me safe out there".

LOL

jerk

Well, I for one feel incredibly safer.... with the OSP looking out for me and any one of three local news station ALWAYS telling me to wear a coat in the winter as they are "just trying to keep me safe out there".

LOL

And always, always bring your scanner :lol::

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There definitely was increased traffic over the holiday, but that was to be expected. The usage of the Calling talkgroups [encrypted comms] was prevelant as well. Fortunately, in my area they were sticking to in-the-clear comms on their own talkgroups. But up farther north of me it was mostly on the Calling talkgroups.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.