OH use of National interop freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
All,

For years, I used to hear traffic on the state fireground channel (153.830?).

It has recently come to my attention that agencies may use the 800mhz interop frequecies when talking to helos at times.

Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki

Is it worth it to program all of the interop stuff? How often are they used?

Thanks,
Frank

hoser147

Ive heard it both ways, pretty common to use a fireground freq. Alot of the Helo traffic in WC Oh is on MARCS. It never hurts to have the old freq's in there, you never know what you will catch. Ive caught alot of Chit chat, Spec. Ops and other traffic on abandon freqs.

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
It doesn't hurt to have them in there if you have the room. Some areas of the state use some of the frequencies more than others. When I lived in Cleveland and Youngstown, it seemed like 153.830 was used a common fire channel and 155.370 was used as a common police channel. Down here in the Cincinnati area, 154.280 is used as the common fire channel and 154.935 is used as the common police channel. It depends where you are, but with today's scanners having the room for thousands of channels, it wouldn't hurt to put them in there. Like you mentioned, down here in the Cincinnati area, the 800 itac frequencies are used to coordinate landing zones for CareFlight and AirCare.

I also think that if a major disaster were to happen, bringing in resources from across the country, that predetermined mutual aid frequencies would be especially important. Especially the 800/700 MHz ones...

See:
Common Public Safety - The RadioReference Wiki. I have all of these channels loaded in one scanlist/bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.