O'Hare ARFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
Going to be visiting O'Hare this week. Does anyone know what system / frequencies that airport Fire/Rescue operates on? Guessing the O'Hare 800 MHz Smartnet system or the Chicago Fire UHF conventional system.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

a1emt

Premium Subscriber

They are slowly migrating to this system, but haven't confirmed any CFD talkgroups yet. Depending on how long you'll be staying, might want to also program this one too.

Thanks for your replies, I was only there for a couple of hours waiting to pick-up a family member. They were quite active on the analog SmartNet system with a fuel spill and some medical responses. I am always amazed at the level of activity at O'Hare, it's crazy!

Jim

GTO_04

They are slowly migrating to this system, but haven't confirmed any CFD talkgroups yet. Depending on how long you'll be staying, might want to also program this one too.

What does the "T" designation mean in the mode column? TDMA? I have not seen that before. Being used to the Indiana SAFE-T system we do not show that as one of our modes but then again we are still Phase I.

GTO_04

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
What does the "T" designation mean in the mode column? TDMA? I have not seen that before. Being used to the Indiana SAFE-T system we do not show that as one of our modes but then again we are still Phase I.

GTO_04

Correct..so far, all the talk groups we've documented are Phase II.

Status
Not open for further replies.