Ohio Civil Air Patrol (CLEVELAND)

Status
Not open for further replies.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Was scanning around tonight with a few different radios and I stumbled upon the Civil Air Patrol here in Cleveland talking and testing back and forth to each other for quite some time on 148.150 . While not earth shattering news it's the first time I ever heard them in Cleveland. RR has the listings of frequencies used in the Nationwide data base but many states list thier own known frequencies but I found none as known for here in Ohio. Frequency used was 148.150 NFM. Actually had to Google to see what the Civil Air Patrols role is! Anyone else ever heard them? Anyone recently?

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm IN the Civil Air Patrol, so I reckon I've heard them recently :D Actually, CAP is more active on the radio than most people think...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relay99

Premium Subscriber
CAP

I admire your involvement in CAP and all that they do! As you say they are probably on the radio more than most know. I've just never have heard them around here at all so it's nice to know your in the area. Cleveland area on Thursday is expecting a visit from the President so maybe they will be assisting in some way for that event.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
I admire your involvement in CAP and all that they do! As you say they are probably on the radio more than most know. I've just never have heard them around here at all so it's nice to know your in the area. Cleveland area on Thursday is expecting a visit from the President so maybe they will be assisting in some way for that event.

Oh yes, they'll be everywhere. Check out the local repeaters, as well as the tactical repeaters on 148.1375. You also will probably hear activity near your local airport on CC1 (I would post the frequency, but I don't remember it off the top of my head. It's in the RR database nationwide.) CC1 is used for a lot of command post simplex, as well as communications between the radio room and air & ground ops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecps92

I hear/monitor them all the time.
Activity will vary by Squadron/Wing/Region

All the Freqs are in the Wiki
Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki

Next time you catch them, also post the PL Tone, PLS
Each Repeater has it's own PL / NAC
The two nearest to Cleveland are R-16 [Thompson] and R-56 [Medina]

Since you posted about a Tuesday, it is likely R-56 as they run a Tue Even Net
Civil Air Patrol - The RadioReference Wiki

Was scanning around tonight with a few different radios and I stumbled upon the Civil Air Patrol here in Cleveland talking and testing back and forth to each other for quite some time on 148.150 . While not earth shattering news it's the first time I ever heard them in Cleveland. RR has the listings of frequencies used in the Nationwide data base but many states list thier own known frequencies but I found none as known for here in Ohio. Frequency used was 148.150 NFM. Actually had to Google to see what the Civil Air Patrols role is! Anyone else ever heard them? Anyone recently?

relay99

Premium Subscriber
Will do.........now that I'm aware I'll keep ears & eyes wide open then post what l come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.