Ohio County Sheriff Deputy ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I've only found minimal information. I don't even see where the deputy's name has been released at this point. Sad to hear the news.

paulmohr

There was a shooting last night on the michigan ohio border, not sure which state the officer was shot in though. I listened to the search for quite a while. They had a helicopter up with flir but couldn't seem to find anything. I don't know if they caught the guy or not. Was a car chase and then he bailed and fled on foot. They did take a female into custody on the scene though.

Never heard a name of the officer or his condition though. It just came out as an officer involved shooting with one officer shot. I never even heard them call for medical.

This was in the Adrian, MI area though.

paulmohr

Ok, the one I was following was a Fulton County Sheriffs deputy. It was just on our local news. Report of a stolen vehicle, he chased it, suspects car broke down. Officer got out of his cruiser and the suspect shot at him and his police dog 4 times. Hit the officer twice. The suspect and his passenger ran into a corn field. The passenger (female) surrendered and was taken into custody. She has a new home at CCNO. The shooter is still at large considered armed and dangerous.

The Deputy was life flighted to a toledo hospital with "non life threatening injuries" and is expected to make a full recovery. My guess is he took two to his vest and probably broke a rib or two or is badly bruised. They did not comment on his injuries other than to say he will be ok and it could have been a lot worse.

Too bad the K-9 didn't chase him down and maul him. My guess is he went after the female instead. Or possibly he stayed by the officers side, I am not sure how they are trained.

This might be a totally different incident than you are talking about, since it was on the other side of the state.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Ok, the one I was following was a Fulton County Sheriffs deputy. It was just on our local news. Report of a stolen vehicle, he chased it, suspects car broke down. Officer got out of his cruiser and the suspect shot at him and his police dog 4 times. Hit the officer twice. The suspect and his passenger ran into a corn field. The passenger (female) surrendered and was taken into custody. She has a new home at CCNO. The shooter is still at large considered armed and dangerous.

The Deputy was life flighted to a toledo hospital with "non life threatening injuries" and is expected to make a full recovery. My guess is he took two to his vest and probably broke a rib or two or is badly bruised. They did not comment on his injuries other than to say he will be ok and it could have been a lot worse.

Too bad the K-9 didn't chase him down and maul him. My guess is he went after the female instead. Or possibly he stayed by the officers side, I am not sure how they are trained.

This might be a totally different incident than you are talking about, since it was on the other side of the state.
Don't think this is related to the Ohio County incident.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

paulmohr

I didn't know there was an actual County named Ohio lol. I thought you meant a county sheriff in the state of Ohio. My bad.

Why is it on the internet you can find very specific information on the craziest crap you never cared about. However if you try to find information on something important like an accident in your area or something you can't find anything? Last year we had a huge wreck at the corner by my house. Multiple cars, a fire, every law enforcement and EMS agency in the area and they even closed the highway to land Life Flight for someone. You think I could find any information on it? Nope, not a word about it, go figure. It is one of the reasons I bought a scanner.

fredva

Feed Provider
Why is it on the internet you can find very specific information on the craziest crap you never cared about. However if you try to find information on something important like an accident in your area or something you can't find anything? Last year we had a huge wreck at the corner by my house. Multiple cars, a fire, every law enforcement and EMS agency in the area and they even closed the highway to land Life Flight for someone. You think I could find any information on it? Nope, not a word about it, go figure. It is one of the reasons I bought a scanner.

Well in this case, the deputy's death was apparently the result of a personal situation, so details were not released.

Status
Not open for further replies.