Ohio Edison (Massillon site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng645

Has anybody be able to hear any activity on the Ohio Edison (Massillon site) I'm pretty sure I have everything programmed correctly in the scanner but I still an not able to hear the Massillon tower when I'm in Massillon?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you are referring to this trunked system -- FELHC (Ohio Edison) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies -- Then don't even bother programming it in.

Half a decade or more ago they started dismantling it. Only small portions of it remained active, and then only in site trunking mode. By this time it is very likely that there is _nothing_ left active on this system at any of the locations listed.

That system had already been deprecated one time many years ago, but then I and some others were picking up activity on a couple of the sites still and requested that the system be set to active again.

I am no longer in a position to monitor the sites I did before, but I can pretty much guarantee they aren't functioning anymore. There might be a single control channel active at one or two sites [simply because somebody forgot to turn off the lights].

For all purposes of scanning, this system is no more.

Mike

eng645

Ok, that explains what is going on. There has been zero activity. I'm going to remove it from my scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.