Ohio Edison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

Has Ohio Edison moved from the marcs system, i hear public service calling for Ohio Edison , but i never hear anything on there talk groups as of late . There was a major incident here last week with a long power outage and did not hear a peep from them on that incident either. Anyone have any info ?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Has Ohio Edison moved from the marcs system, i hear public service calling for Ohio Edison , but i never hear anything on there talk groups as of late . There was a major incident here last week with a long power outage and did not hear a peep from them on that incident either. Anyone have any info ?

Where is "here"? First Energy is all over the place. I haven't heard anything recent on FE energy talkgroups, but I don't hear them often because I'm not in their service area anyway.

Mike

Chronic

Where is "here"? First Energy is all over the place. I haven't heard anything recent on FE energy talkgroups, but I don't hear them often because I'm not in their service area anyway.

Mike
Lorain County

relay99

Premium Subscriber
First Energy is still around and heard on MARCS. Most of what I've heard is very brief and far and few in between. Also most of what I have heard is during the day and none was heard during storms. There was way to much better traffic to be heard when stormy! Some Stuff heard : First Energy Cleveland Illuminated 53751 Middlefield, 53755 Strongsville, 53759 Trouble Ops, 53763 Meter service. First Energy Ohio Edison 53730 Macedonia, 53722 Akron service.
First Energy Toledo Edison 53776 Lakewood, 53781 Meter service. First Energy Common channels 53784 Akron and 53787 Spare 2 which seemed to be used truck to truck. Yes First Energy is still around and all over the place and I've heard them in 3 different counties.
Just keep listening and maybe you'll hear them out your way...........

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
I've heard a few conversations from the (Ohio Edison) road crew from the Elyria plant on Lake ave.
Been awhile though... Don't remember the TGID off the top of my head...

Looked it up... It was 53728

Last edited:

Chronic

I heard some traffic last night after a storm rolled through but not as much as i have in the past .

wmlovell

Premium Subscriber
I recently spent some time on a scene with CEI folks for multiple poles and wires down blocking a development. It appeared that they were doing most communications through their computer. They never used their radios that I could see while contacting additional manpower/equipment. ...and when I was reporting the situation to the first arriving supervisor, his radio was for the most part silent. There were several other storm related power emergencies simultaneously occurring in the region.

I don't think they use their radios too often.

relay99

Premium Subscriber
That's correct for radio usage. I never heard traffic during outages or times you would think you would hear something. . My previous post were loggings heard over many many months if not the last year or so but none the less heard. I was surprised when scanner broke squelch but as mentioned very brief voice traffic and far and few between any other transmissions.
Off topic for a moment, Dominion Gas spent a week recently doing much work near me so I tried to monitor some frequencies and did not hear anything but did see workers/supervisor using hand held tablets very often . Trucks had open windows and I was close enough to hear a radio crackle but heard none. I'm sure they have mobile radios too but use other methods to communicate like Wifi or cell phone hotspots. Dominion has many many FCC licences but I think all that's for data. First Energy may use the same methods........

jrl44430

When we had a major outage I saw them using their cell phones while outside the trucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.