Ohio LEERN - 154.935

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericville

Does anybody know if the Ohio Law Enforcement Emergency Radio Network is still in operation with OSP and local PD dispatchers and mobile units? Is this crosspatched to MARCS in anyone or is it eliminated with MARCS?

ibagli

Yes, it's still used frequently in some areas. (Licking County was just using it a few hours ago to communicate with the Columbus PD helicopter, actually.) It can be patched to MARCS, but I think that's only done as necessary.

85chevy4x4

I heard LEERN being used from Summit county a few months ago during a pursuit. OSP began a pursuit down in Stark County of a F250 pulling a trailer loaded with stolen motorcycles, when the pursuit finally ended up in Cuyahoga County and the suspects bailed on foot, their descriptions were broadcasted over LEERN.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Radio checks are conducted every morning with the District number equaling the hour i.e. District 5 = 5 AM, District 6 = 6 AM and so on. The District HQ will call each post/com center in the district requesting a check in. Give it a listen at the time to whichever District you reside in.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Does anybody know if the Ohio Law Enforcement Emergency Radio Network is still in operation with OSP and local PD dispatchers and mobile units? Is this crosspatched to MARCS in anyone or is it eliminated with MARCS?

It's still used quite a bit, especially in the metro areas. It can be crosspatched to MARCS if needed, although this is not typically done; MARCS has a very stringent policy regarding patching, and forbids it for any but short-term emergency use.

Don't look for LEERN to go away just because MARCS is there; many agencies still use and will continue to use LEERN (and State Band) for interoperability.

jackj

I frequently hear, in the summer, the state patrol's fixed wing spotter plane looking for "mary jane" using LEERN to communicate with the guys on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.