Ohio LEERN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CincyKid

I know this has been discussed previously, but why does Ohio LEERN (154.935) continue to come in so weak in Southwest Ohio? I have noted this on both old and newer scanners. Is there any way to improve this reception or is there another frequency that carries these broadcasts that may be tried? Thank you.

quarterwave

There are fewer bases now, and narrowbanding took away some range. I can still hear 2-3 posts from South Central Ohio during morning tests. I know they selectively patch to a talkgroup on MARCS, but I am not the leading expert on that system. Someone else can chime in.

gtaman

I know this has been discussed previously, but why does Ohio LEERN (154.935) continue to come in so weak in Southwest Ohio? I have noted this on both old and newer scanners. Is there any way to improve this reception or is there another frequency that carries these broadcasts that may be tried? Thank you.

Remember it's all simplex and narrowbanding did have some effect on it. It comes in clear here in Columbus on our analog system. But rarely hear the actual transmission on VHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.