Ohio Man's Drone Hindered Medical Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

You can not fix stupid.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
What a doofus. Stuff like this gives us stringers a bad name.

It's one thing to fly a drone over a scene when it's safe to do so (more on that in a bit), but it's another to refuse to put your toys away even if asked to by officials on scene. He's lucky the drone didn't go nuts and cause the helo to crash. That could have resulted in some serious jail time and lawsuits that I don't even WANT to think about. As it is, he might find himself doing time and/or paying some huge fines over this if the FAA gets involved.

As for flying one of these for news purposes, I've thought about it but to me it's just not worth the risk to use one of these on an active scene, IMHO. I'd be scared to death of it falling out of the sky and injuring or killing someone. The only way my news camera could do that would be if I used it (and the tripod it sits on) to beat someone to death. ;)

-AZ

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
What a doofus. Stuff like this gives us stringers a bad name.

It's one thing to fly a drone over a scene when it's safe to do so (more on that in a bit), but it's another to refuse to put your toys away even if asked to by officials on scene. He's lucky the drone didn't go nuts and cause the helo to crash. That could have resulted in some serious jail time and lawsuits that I don't even WANT to think about. As it is, he might find himself doing time and/or paying some huge fines over this if the FAA gets involved.

As for flying one of these for news purposes, I've thought about it but to me it's just not worth the risk to use one of these on an active scene, IMHO. I'd be scared to death of it falling out of the sky and injuring or killing someone. The only way my news camera could do that would be if I used it (and the tripod it sits on) to beat someone to death. ;)

-AZ

I was thinking the samething. I saw (in the post on one of the links) he plead not guilty and getting a lawyer.

kayn1n32008

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

CapStar362 said:
DAYUM!! missed opportunity for my shotgun!! *Snicker*
Bazinga!

Status
Not open for further replies.