Ohio MARCS for Athens County Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeheli

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to manually progrm the pro-197 for Marcs frequencys in Athens County Ohio? Having a little trouble figuring it out. Thanks
Joe

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Manually programming? You really should get Win500 or something to use as a programming aid.

Before even starting to program, you should think about what sites you will reliably here.

1. Will you use the scanner in a mobile/portable environment? Or will the scanner be used predominantly at home?

2. What MARCS sites do you think are close enough for you to receive reliably? You can determine that by programming the control channel of each site you may want to listen to via TUNE mode and see if you get a good signal on the control channel. If you do, then make a note of that site as being one of the sites you want to scan.

Once you have a list of sites, determine which talkgroups you want to monitor [and be prepared to enter them in manually]. I typically have a dozen or so I want to add in as labeled talkgroups, and then I just add a group wildcard talkgroup to cover anything else.

Mike

joeheli

marcs

It is a base application all I need is the Athens County (05) Talkgroups from radioreference data base. That is the main ones I want to put in since not everyone is on board with the marcs system in southeast Ohio yet. Any help will be appericated
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.