Ohio MARCS-IP Clermont County Radio IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc8tmv

Anything and everything! I enjoy scanner listening so much more when I know who or what is taking to who. I am a data guy and like linking descriptions to objects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Well such a list might be hard to publicly come by since Mobilcomm does the programming for Clermont County agencies so unless you know of someone who works for Mobilcomm who could get you a list it might just come down to you having to listening and doing it yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kc8tmv

I found the Hamilton county radio ids (at least the ranges and formatting) on line. Just thought it might be out there somewhere and it does not hurt to ask.

n8dhw

Premium Subscriber
Your right it doesn't hurt to ask. But I'm saying you won't find an Official list online unless someone from the inside puts it online and I doubt that would happen. Under MARCS agencies based in a specific County there ID will start with the County number followed by a two digit agency number followed by three digits which would be the radios individual number.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fyrfyter33

I think your bigger problem will be, other than knowing that a radio exists, you won't know who has that radio, other than a general department.

Very few people in a fire department have an assigned radio. Out of our 60+ members, only 6 have radios assigned. Out of the radios we have, mobiles are mounted in trucks & vehicles, but portables change hands every morning.

kc8tmv

Yeah, not expecting to get to the "person" level necessarily. More like fire truck, police car, that kind of thing.

fyrfyter33

Which will only come with the mobile IDs. It will require a lot of listening.

The system only sees IDs, not specific radios. Furthermore, you may be able to narrow a radio to an agency, but not further. A radio can change Who IDs with it daily, especially for police, when officers are in different cars and on or off duty.

Fire Departments keep things more static, but those do change when vehicles come out of service for maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.