Ohio MARCS-IP Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSfan98

Premium Subscriber
Hello! I have a 396XT that I acquired today, and it is basically brand new. I did a factory reset on it, since it did have some out of state frequencies in it.
Anyway, I live in Preble County, Ohio. And I wish to program Preble, Butler & Hamilton Counties in. But I'm having bit of a hang up on even getting started with programming Preble in! I know about the Ohio MARCS-IP RR page, and have all of that saved. But my scanner isn't receiving any digital audio. I programmed my control & alt channels for Preble (773.30625c-774.33125c-773.78125a) into the system/unit as well as two TGID's (54854 (sheriff) & 41014 (fire)), and the unit stops on the system, and shows a different TGID from a different out-of-county agency, and does not receive any digital audio at all. Also, when I programmed my control channels, it doesn't show the 5. Only 773.3062, etc. Is that what this unit does, or am I missing something?
I have an easier to read manual, and have watched some videos on Youtube, and haven't really found any good solutions.
Any help, suggestions, anything so I can program this unit and receive anything within these three counties would be greatly appreciated!

(Notes; 1 Preble county is NOT on Simulcast, but Butler & Hamilton Co's are.)
(2; I'm programming by hand only. I have a programming cable, but my laptop is incompatible with the port.)

Regards- J.

jmh_43551

Premium Subscriber
My computers both said the same thing. Did you download the driver from uniden's website

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello! I have a 396XT that I acquired today, and it is basically brand new. I did a factory reset on it, since it did have some out of state frequencies in it.
Anyway, I live in Preble County, Ohio. And I wish to program Preble, Butler & Hamilton Counties in. But I'm having bit of a hang up on even getting started with programming Preble in! I know about the Ohio MARCS-IP RR page, and have all of that saved. But my scanner isn't receiving any digital audio. I programmed my control & alt channels for Preble (773.30625c-774.33125c-773.78125a) into the system/unit as well as two TGID's (54854 (sheriff) & 41014 (fire)), and the unit stops on the system, and shows a different TGID from a different out-of-county agency, and does not receive any digital audio at all. Also, when I programmed my control channels, it doesn't show the 5. Only 773.3062, etc. Is that what this unit does, or am I missing something?
I have an easier to read manual, and have watched some videos on Youtube, and haven't really found any good solutions.
Any help, suggestions, anything so I can program this unit and receive anything within these three counties would be greatly appreciated!

(Notes; 1 Preble county is NOT on Simulcast, but Butler & Hamilton Co's are.)
(2; I'm programming by hand only. I have a programming cable, but my laptop is incompatible with the port.)

Regards- J.
If the programming cable you have is the one that was supplied originally with the 396XT (has the Serial/Com end on it for the PC), then take a look at this Wiki page: https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connecting_scanners_via_USB
There are a number of USB to Serial converters that will work and allow you to connect your scanner. I've seen good comments about the TrendNet converter, but there are others that will work as well.

My computers both said the same thing. Did you download the driver from uniden's website
The drivers found on Uniden's web page (also can be found on ScannerMaster) are for the USB-1 cable distributed by Uniden. With the correct driver, that works well, but is somewhat more expensive than a working USB to Serial converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.