Ohio Marcs-Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfpack25

So a question, have trx-1, I want to monitor one site ( Lorain county- Elyria Site ) I programmed that one site into a scan list, when I try to scan, it says nothing to scan. Is there something else I need to do.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Thanks for the help, got it to work, how do I add a wildcard, not understanding that part

To Add a Talkgroup ID with the Scanner
1. Press the Menu button until 'Main Menu' is displayed.
2. Press ▼ or ▲ to select 'Program Menu' and press SEL/►.
3. Press ▼ to select 'Edit System' and press SEL/►.
4. Pressing ◄ or ► will scroll through the systems. Press and hold ◄ or ► to scroll faster.
Press SEL to select the System to add the talkgroup (ID) to.
Press ▼ to select 'Add Talkgroup' and press SEL/►.
The talkgroup defaults to a Wildcard talkgroup.
Press SEL to save and enter the settings menu to set your options.
The first lines will show:
Cancel Changes
Save Changes

You can also look for the. . .

Add Wildcard (button) Allows you to add a wildcard ID that will receive all talkgroups (Talkgroup Details tab) or a wildcard ID that will receive all private IDs (Radio ID Details tab). Click the button to create the wildcard. Scroll to select and click the scan list(s) you want the wildcard ID assigned to and click the Set button. Note: If a wildcard already exists the button will be grayed out.

These instructions are from the "Easter to Read WS1080/1088 Manual"

Easier to Read Whistler WS1080/1088 Handheld Scanner and Software Manual

The TRX-1 is basically a WS1088 with more bells and whistles; the 1088 is a WS1080 with full keypad.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
There are two sites in Lorain County - Elyria and Grafton CO. If you load both you will have a better chance of not missing anything. If you travel around the county you could also add Erie and Cuyahoga.

Wolfpack25

Thanks for all the help, trying all.
Can somebody give me a wildcard example that I would use, still not understanding that

Last edited:

OHIOSCAN

If you can hear the Cuyahoga site you will hear a lot more traffic. The Elyria site has a lot less activity, especially if you want to monitor Westshore. For some reason Westshore does not affiliate all its TG's on the Elyria site.

Status
Not open for further replies.