Ohio MARCS rebanding....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLDietzII

I was wondering if Ohio MARCS has been rebanded. I use the ARC500 for my Pro-197 and have heard NO communication on anything that I have programmed into my scanner. I was under the assumption that since I subscribe to RR as a paying customer and can use my software to upload directly to my scanner from the Web that if it were rebanded, the frequencies would already be updated? Any help????

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if Ohio MARCS has been rebanded. I use the ARC500 for my Pro-197 and have heard NO communication on anything that I have programmed into my scanner. I was under the assumption that since I subscribe to RR as a paying customer and can use my software to upload directly to my scanner from the Web that if it were rebanded, the frequencies would already be updated? Any help????
I programmed my PSR500 via the databases here using Win500, and, I am hearing stuff for the talkgroups I have programmed. I suspect you've got a fly in the ointment somewhere. I belive the 197 is a desktop version of the 106, which is essentially identical to my PSR500 relatvie to the electronic guts.

Now, I screwed up the MARCS programming my first time thru.... didn't get the right site, etc., etc..

Try deleting your MARCS system and pull stuff again. Take your time and patiently go down the list and select what you want.

I chose CCs from two regional sites, i.e. selected the "sites" based on my geographic location. Then, I selected the talk groups I wanted.

I guess it's possible that you selected a site that is far away from you, and you do not hear local "talking" as these "distant CC site centric" radios rarely are driving into your area and popping your programmed site.

SO,

delete what you have, select a tower site you KNOW to be geographically close to where you are listening, select the talk group(s) associated with the OSP district (e.g.) which correspond to THAT geographical tower. THen, you could add "state wide" groups.

Try this. (hope it makes sense).

Last edited:

GLDietzII

Yes, my radio is hearing the CC. At this point I'm going to assume that there isn't a whole lot of talk going on right now. As I looked at the two responses to my question, I programmed just the MARCS into a V-folder and scanned. There was talk, but still very little.

GrumpyAeroGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, my radio is hearing the CC. At this point I'm going to assume that there isn't a whole lot of talk going on right now. As I looked at the two responses to my question, I programmed just the MARCS into a V-folder and scanned. There was talk, but still very little.
OK, so something's happening....

not sure where you are, but OSP comm is always of the "short and sweet" and "no more than is absolutely necessary" variety.

Even when they used to be on 40ish Mhz, that was true.

If you are in/near an urban area, tune in tonight when the bars in your area close. I'll bet you'll hear more chatter than. (not kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.