Ohio MARCS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillsLane

I have recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro 197 Scanner. I also purchased the software to program it and have used the software to program all of my analog frequesncies onto my Pro 433. I attempted to program the Pro 197 to receive the Ohio MARCS transmissions from the District 9 Highway Patrol and the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility. It seems as though I only receive the Jackson Post of the Patrol even though I added all frequencies and I don't get anything from SOCF.

Admittedly I don't really understand the system fully so I am not sure which sites to add to my scanner.

Can anyone tell me how to get the scanner to receive the remaining Patrol Posts in District 9 and SOCF?

jackj

Each post has it's own Talk Group (TG) so if you have only the Jackson Post's TG entered then you will only hear that post. Also, not all TG's are carried on all towers. You wouldn't normally hear the Toledo Post on the tower you are monitoring. Go to the Data Base here, the TG info you need to ensure you everything programed is available there.

There is also a lot more on MARCS than just the OSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.