Ohio Marcs system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzfrye2

I just started getting into the ham radio hobby and I'm trying to figure out what type of radio I need to pick up the Ohio Marc's system. Also trying to figure out what type of radio is better vhf or uhf. Any info would be appreciated

mzfrye2 many Scanners will work to monitor Ohio Marc's Radio System.Ham is on UHF and VHF depends what your wanting maybe someone can help with a GOOD Dual Band Radio for you.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
MARC is a digital P25 trunked system. You will need a digital trunking scanner such as the Uniden 436 or 536 to receive it.

mzfrye2

I was reading online and a few people with ham radios pick up the ohio Marc's system so now sure what to get I prefer a Motorola or kenwood brand so I'm to any suggestions

you do not want to use a REAL RADIO that's a BIG can of WORMS to open lol buy a G4 Digital Trunking Pager to play it safe.i'll let others tell you the thing's about using a Radio to monitor Marc's.

check out Ray's Pagers in Texas also just Google G4 Pager you can read all up on them. i own the G5 VHF to Monitor Cleveland,Parma,Marc's Phase-1 Systems.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
MARC is not simulcast, so there is no advantage to the Unication over a Uniden or Whistler scanner.

Nasby

Get a scanner my friend. Forget the radio idea.

Use your radio for the world of hamming.

And do plenty of research on your own.

This place is a wealth of info

kf8yk

MARC is not simulcast, so there is no advantage to the Unication over a Uniden or Whistler scanner.

There's at least 17 simulcast sites in the MARCS-IP system, plenty of simulcast distortion to share.

Simulcast sites:

Cuyahoga Co
Lake Co
Geauga Co
Jefferson Co
Washington Co
Franklin Co
Columbus City
MARCS Columbus
Miami Co
Dayton
Greene Co
Clinton Co
Warren Co
Butler Co
Hamilton Co
Cincinnati
Clermont Co

phask

Premium Subscriber

Yes it is - varies by location - Columbus is, Washington County and several others. No idea why some the remote rural counties are - but they are :)

Last edited:

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
My mistake. I've driven through Ohio on several occasions, and never had trouble monitoring MARC with my 436.

mzfrye2

Thanks for the help

I'm also looking for a recommendation on a good portable ham radio some people have been telling me to get a duel band looking for a good brand and model to start out with

Status
Not open for further replies.