OHIO MARCS System...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Ok guys, help me out here....

I know someone told me that "several" of the MARCS tower sites are "data only" sites and that is why those sites aren't listed here in the RR database (becaust they are just data sites)...As a for instance, the Apple Grove site on State Rte 7 in Gallia County isn't listed. Neither is the Turkey Run Rd site.

I've been in the Turkey Run site. There is only ONE of the MOTO transmitters there.

The Gallipolis site has the same number of transmitters in it as what is listed for freqs here in RR for it. I know it IS a voice site (Gallipolis)

I was talking to someone today who thought that EVERY tower site was a voice site and only "some" were data sites.

So, I'd like to let them know they've been misinformed (if that's correct) regarding the DATA ONLY tower sites....

Steve/Gallia

hoser147

Steve According to Paul of Ohio Marcs some are just Data sites. I found Info on the one in Wapakoneta and he replied that it was data only.................hoser147

SLWilson

Thanks !

Thanks guys, I followed the link & got what I needed.... Steve/Gallia :wink:

SLWilson

Data Only Sites

I heard a MARCS radio tech tell a Gallia-Meigs Trooper this afternoon that the Shade site was a data only site. Apparently the trooper was trying to get his radio to "read" a signal strength from that location. The tech told him he's never "see" the Shade tower because only the voice sites ID'ed a location....
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.