Ohio Members county list

KD8DVR

Not sure. My BCT15 isn't digital. I should prob start saving my pennies because CPD will prob be in the next few years...
Or, you could spend $50 on a pair of rtl -sdr dongles and with free software listen to the digital systems with a lot more info being available on screen and a lot more flexibility. There is a "geek factor" involved in setting up; but once all set up, it's click and listen. If you want to carry your scanner with you in the house, use Splashtop to display your. Desktop and stream audio over your home WiFi.

Sent from my LG-D631 using Tapatalk

ANGBrat180

Premium Subscriber
Where I am

Live in Holland, OH - listen to Toledo/Lucas County. I used to live in Swanton (Fulton County) and my uncle is a Sheriff, but they don't have a feed.

Nutes

Premium Subscriber
Pike County, OH New Member

I have been a member of the site about two months, which is about the same time I have been into scanning. I bought the cheap (80.00) Analog Uniden 355N and built a homemade J Pole that is mounted on my roof. I connected it to the radio with some cheap RG6 and have listened to as much analog as I can over the last two months. I mainly listen to Waverly PD/FD, Pike County Sheriff/FD/EMS, Scioto County Sheriff and Fairfield County Sheriff as they are all still in the clear analog. My radio reception is good as I live on a very high hill(Fairfield County Sheriff is pretty clear reception from at least 35 miles away). As soon as I get a little more money saved I will be purchasing a new Scanner that is Digital/Phase I and II Trunked Capable. I will also invest in a good wide band Antenna and upgrade to RG8 cable. My main question right now is which scanner to buy. I am strongly considering between the two of: Uniden BCD325P2 Handheld or the Uniden BCD 996P2. The handheld mobility of the BCD325P2 is real attractive to me. Although, I like the SDR Card ability of the BCD996P2. Also, what is the most reasonable priced, user friendly programming software out there? Any input to this newbie will be really appreciated. My initial goal once I obtain my new scanner will be listening to Ross County Sheriff and Chillicothe PD in the 700 MHZ MARCS System. I will also want to tie into the Pike County Sheriff handheld units which are on the MARCS system as well.

GoldenHawk

New member here from stark co. Have had a race scanner for years but just wanted to do more so I bought whisper 1080. Any tips pointers or advice would be appreciated.
GoldenHawk

northernsummit

Feed Provider
New member here from stark co. Have had a race scanner for years but just wanted to do more so I bought whisper 1080. Any tips pointers or advice would be appreciated.
GoldenHawk

Decide what you're interested in (police, fire, etc). Go to the list of everything in Stark County and see what you'd like to scan in MARCS, etc. If you can hear Summit County you may want to add their 800 and P25 systems.

jamaal0299

Gallia County, OH - We Originate the traffic Jason listens to in Gallia County....HaHaHa!!!! We monitor Meigs, Vinton, Jackson SO's Ohio LEERN, Mason County WV...Have interoprability with all listed counties....
Steve/KB8FAR/Gallia County 911 Center
:eek:
Cuyahoga County and Lake County.
Need East Cleveland's new hearable frequency.

pyrman64

I'm aboding in NW columbus......eavesdropping on Franklin Co FDs, occasionally a PD for smiles & giggles as well as airport CFR/ARFF while building plastic models of public safety vehicles.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I live in Fairborn (suburb of Dayton) in Greene County monitoring Law Enforcement, EMS, Fire, Media, Milair (WPAFB), itinerants (business), Air, etc. and the same in surrounding counties Montgomery, Clark, Miami, and just about anything I can pick up. Outside antennas, I have a Grove Scantenna, Diamond discone, AR270b for amateur 2m (SkyWarn), and an end-fed PAL longwire for SWL

Just got some goodies for Christmas relating to my upcoming TRX-1 purchase - a pre amp, desk stand, BNC pigtails, and 2 rubber ducks for on the go. All I need now is the radio :)

JD
kf4anc

MBECKNELL

Premium Subscriber
i am in Butler County i Listen to our County Fire and Police and Hamilton County also Warren County via a bcd 436 hp on ohio Marcs-ip system

mjs5276

Premium Subscriber
Just moved to North Olmsted from Roanoke Va. Grew up in Lincroft NJ.

kc8ufv

Feed Provider
I live in Lucas County, I primarily monitor Amateur frequencies in Lucas County and Monroe County Michigan.

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery County. Live in Washington TWP. Monitor that, and Centerville and Dayton.

Just bought a BCD996P2 and sold my BC895XLT. I've had several other Bearcats over the years. My first scanner was a Bearcat III and I monitored VHF police in Columbus, as a teenager. I still have that scanner! Then it was a big deal when they moved to UHF - I had to buy a new module board for the III to allow me to plug in UHF crystals. I still have all my crystals!

DomW

New to Ohio'ish

Hi
I moved to St. Clairsville in Belmont Co about a year and a half ago from Howard Co MD. I joined RR in 2005 but have been listening to police radio since my BC300 was new.
Dominic

Kronic_Pain

Premium Subscriber
My name is MJ, I just moved to Portage Co. recently and have been setting up the monitoring room over the past few weekends and was able to get some scanning done late yesterday.

Wasn't sure I would be able to pick much up as I am not able to have outside antennas nor have access to the attic, but I have to say that the Yagi antenna I have mounted in the room on the second floor did a great job and I will be monitoring Portage, Summit, Stark, Medina, Mahoning & Trumbull counties along with MARCS. Along with monitoring the Aircraft as well, feels great to be back listening again.