Ohio River Flooding !

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Look out Pomeroy, Ohio, Point Pleasant, WV.

The Ohio River will most likely be "very close" to getting into the stores in downtown Pomeroy. The NWS keeps setting off the EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM for those two towns.

I'm not sure what is going on up toward Washington County....

It takes around 49.5 feet to start flooding State Rte 7 above and below Gallipolis. 50 feet covers SR 7 at the lower end of town and SR 7 south of Gallipolis. 52 feet covers Eastern Avenue at Mill Creek Rd....

It isn't supposed to get that high here...But, it seems to be heading up pretty fast!!!!

Here's the link to the Gallipolis Locks & Dam river level:
http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=rlx&gage=galw2

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If it means anything to you, up at Stratton (New Cumberland Locks & Dam) it crested below flood stage and there was no preparation for any potential flooding. Typically when they start preparing for flooding in Stratton, you can look for flooding in Washington Co. The river doesn't look to be 'raging.' I remember some years ago when flood waters were up enough that they were threatening to come over SR7 in Stratton, they sandbagged. Also I remember when Marietta got hit good a few years back - We had equipment in a POP down there and the water came a good ways up the telco racks and into the fiber cabinets.

Mike

SLWilson said:
Look out Pomeroy, Ohio, Point Pleasant, WV.

The Ohio River will most likely be "very close" to getting into the stores in downtown Pomeroy. The NWS keeps setting off the EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM for those two towns.

I'm not sure what is going on up toward Washington County....

It takes around 49.5 feet to start flooding State Rte 7 above and below Gallipolis. 50 feet covers SR 7 at the lower end of town and SR 7 south of Gallipolis. 52 feet covers Eastern Avenue at Mill Creek Rd....

It isn't supposed to get that high here...But, it seems to be heading up pretty fast!!!!

Here's the link to the Gallipolis Locks & Dam river level:
http://newweb.erh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=rlx&gage=galw2

Last edited:

hoser147

Steve hope it dont get to bad, but now there callin for a bunch of snow, 9=12 for us, after my basement flooded this year already I will take snow anytime...Hoser

SLWilson

Flooding - Storm !

The river looks to be about as high as it is going to go this round.

We are now getting heavy rains. Surrounding counties are getting the snow already. As I understand it, the snow is starting sooner than they thought.

Jackson County is having crashes everywhere!

Gallipolis City and Gallia County Local schools are dismissing early this afternoon!

SLWilson

Snow !

We didn't get NEARLY the amount of snow they predicted (or at least we haven't yet, don't look like we will) and I'm greatful for that! :)

HOWEVER, they got it to our north. :(

The Ohio River is still running high. :confused:

Depending on how fast that it melts off above us will depend on how bad that we flood. A very slow melt would be best for our county....

Steve/KB8FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.