OHP-069 maroon slicktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
You expect anything less?
Not really, I suppose. I get passed by all kinds of LE cars on the turnpikes *all* the time and that does not bother me as much as this did.

The only other time when I have been this ticked off was when my goofball neighbor, Tulsa County SO deputy, Lance W. passed me one night on 75 around 86th, running code. I said to myself, I bet he is gonna turn off his lights and just go home.

Yup, I was right. Turned off the lights and turned into our subdivision.

:roll:

In talking with other TCSO deputies, Lance did not exactly inspire them either.

Last edited:

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We just got our first charger in Troop H. It's sitting about 2 blocks from me, I'll try to get a photo, without getting shot...lol

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
We just got our first charger in Troop H. It's sitting about 2 blocks from me, I'll try to get a photo, without getting shot...lol

We invited a Trooper to join us at our local Charger Club meet and we got this,
OHP1.jpg

Trooper Wade Childers showed up, notice the armoral on the tires! His car was cleaner than some of our members. He was from the Creek Turnpike division of Muskogee Troop C.
GROUP1.jpg

He was a great guy and did the OHP proud, He was supposed to be transferring to the Lt. Governors guard detail last fall. At that time the State had the traction control disable switch unplugged before the cars were released to the troopers. This was a big mistake because this not only controlled traction of the car but also any type of Yaw the car experienced. So when a trooper turned for the ditch or a Cutout in the wall the car basically laid down on them for about 2-5 seconds. They are now fully functional again. We showed Wade how to get around this switch and turn off the ESP (traction Control) when he needed to.

Last edited:

blubanshee1

Ohp-69 Is The "next Of Kin Advisor". They Had A Trooper Hospitalized And They Forget To Inform The Troopers Wife Of The Situation. Ohp-69 Left Our Shop In A Pretty Big Hurry To Get To The Wife Before She Found Out Elsewhere

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Ohp-69 Is The "next Of Kin Advisor". They Had A Trooper Hospitalized And They Forget To Inform The Troopers Wife Of The Situation. Ohp-69 Left Our Shop In A Pretty Big Hurry To Get To The Wife Before She Found Out Elsewhere

OK, I 'm going to pretty much be an ass (sorry Lou) here, but I believe that is no reason to risk the endangerment of others, especially our states construction workers. I don't think that reason would fly for John Q Public, so why should it apply here?

woodyrr

Today, on page 16A of The Daily Oklahoman, there is an article headlined “Respect workers in ‘the zone’ “. Toward the end, OHP Trooper Betsy Randolph is quoted as saying, “We all want our roads, highways, interstates improved, but sometimes we are impatient and don’t want the inconvenience of having to go slow through a construction zone.”: “It would be wonderful for everyone to remember that the highway is the office for our highway workers without having to make laws imposing fines, but unfortunately that just isn’t the case.”.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Today, on page 16A of The Daily Oklahoman, there is an article headlined “Respect workers in ‘the zone’ “. Toward the end, OHP Trooper Betsy Randolph is quoted as saying, “We all want our roads, highways, interstates improved, but sometimes we are impatient and don’t want the inconvenience of having to go slow through a construction zone.”: “It would be wonderful for everyone to remember that the highway is the office for our highway workers without having to make laws imposing fines, but unfortunately that just isn’t the case.”.

It's OK, She had her fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.