OHP chases subject into Missouri, MHP trooper hit, injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
OHP started a chase on the Will Rogers, that resulted in the suspect being stopped sticked and fleeing only to take a Troopers unit and continue eastbound crossing over into MO. and being stopped sticked again before striking a MHP Trooper. Troopers condition is unknown. Speeds reached 140 and the suspects original car burned to the ground on the WRT. 2010 Dodge Challenger reported stolen from Midwest City, keys left in vehicle.

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
It was determined he stole the car, pursuit wasn't called due to low traffic flow, and not sure what got the pursuit started.

KOK5CY

Suspect should have been restrained in the rear of the unit . after this I bet they'll start putting suspects in the rear of the unit .

fredva

Feed Provider
Suspect should have been restrained in the rear of the unit . after this I bet they'll start putting suspects in the rear of the unit .
Unless he fled on foot and circled around to jump in an unoccupied cruiser. I don't know what happened, but the OP didn't say the suspect was taken into custody before stealing the cruiser.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Suspect was never apprehended, he flat footed Trooper back to his unit.

KOK5CY

I was monitoring the whole chase and from what I heard the trooper stated he was 10-15 but never heard about 2 troopers being injured tell I seen the news on TV .

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I'm with you Mark, I never heard any mention of a OHP trooper being hit over the air. I did hear Troopers saying that they were leaving the Joplin Hospital because they weren't being welcomed by staff members.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I think it was more Covid Controls measures in place at the Hospital than professional courtesy.

Status
Not open for further replies.