OHP direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes I hear OHP aircraft , both OHP1 & Cessnas tell ground units to switch over
to "OHP direct" on 800 & lowband .I have tried to monitor this with no joy with OHP1
& ground units not more than 3 miles from my 10-19. Is it some sort of 800 talkaround?

peterjmag

That's what I have heard them use during aircraft operations here in Troop B Tulsa.

855.98750 KNJA691 M 77.0 PL 800 Simplex Talkaround -- Used Car to Car and by OHP Aircraft FM

Enjoy...

P.J. Maguire

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
45.22 mhz is used statewide for car to car and numerous troop bases use it for base freq Enid,Clinton etc.

mfolta1

they are talking line of sight, , it is labeled ohp direct in their radios. its not going thru any repeater...like a cb. so if your not within a mile or so from them you cant pick it up.

CommShrek

mfolta1 said:
they are talking line of sight, , it is labeled ohp direct in their radios. its not going thru any repeater...like a cb. so if your not within a mile or so from them you cant pick it up.

Kind of like when Roscoe wants to talk to Cletus about those "Duke boys"? :)

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
yuk yuk last week i couldnt even spell cb operator now i is one! Line of sight,Geez
one mile or so? Surely a senior member has a tower?

mam1081

Feed Provider
xerb1962 said:
yuk yuk last week i couldnt even spell cb operator now i is one! Line of sight,Geez
one mile or so? Surely a senior member has a tower?

It certainly does help with better equipment, including a tower and/or some professional radios. I would say 10 miles isn't out of the question on any regular day with a tuned vertial on one's vehicle with a "real" radio. Being on low-band VHF, the signals should "skip" a little better, so one might hear much further than 10 miles.

KOK5CY

OHP 1 & Ground Unit's

When i lived in Bartlesville .....OHP Air Craft and the Ground Unit's used 44.700 alot ....Back then OHP 1 was Ocean 64

davido662002

South Central Oklahoma Red River Country,Okla. Pro
older OHP Unit

pic38.jpg

http://gallery.policecarowners.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.