OHP radio shop testing, testing, testing and still testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5bew1

I have been hearing unusual radio low band testing from OHP's radioshop over the last ten days or so. The radio shop transmits some touch tones then a lady computer voice says 01,02, or 03 which corresponds to low band channel 1, 2 or 3. Then the tech calls the main dispatcher for a "how is my signal report" via a radio. Then in a few minutes I hear boop boop boop then the lady computer voice says 02. Then I hear the radio shop coming though the pink relay asking signal 11? Dispatch says 10-2.This goes on several times a day. Maybe they are programming a lot of new low band radios??? The dispatchers kind of just take it with an all in a days work attitude

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
OHP was working on the UHF relays out here last week, maybe doing a system wide update of some kind?
Jim

jlaizure

There a lots of OHP units at a former car dealership on the southwest corner of I-35 and I-240. Maybe the radio shop is moving to that location and they are testing their set-up there.

W2NJS

UHF "narrbanded by nature"???

UHF is narrowbanded by nature. FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What exactly do you mean? Unless your licensed emission designator calls for narroband on UHF you can, again, IF it's on your license, run wideband.

Status
Not open for further replies.