OHP Troop A - Turner Turnpike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
If this is the case that we have too load this in p25 my question is why is not in the database when you try to load this up using win96, arc96, and etc. etc. it’s not there why is this I just don’t get it :confused::mad::confused::mad:

Not really understanding what's not where, is the database not showing it or is your software not allowing P25? As far as the database look in Muskogee County trunk systems, as far as the software might try to check for updates.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
Right is it not showing up in the database all of my software is up to date

Not really understanding what's not where, is the database not showing it or is your software not allowing P25? As far as the database look in Muskogee County trunk systems, as far as the software might try to check for updates.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Right is it not showing up in the database all of my software is up to date

Ok, in ARC96 you should be looking @ Oklahoma: Muskogee County: Trunked Systems: OKWIN Project 25. The key here may be that your not in the trunked system tab and are either in Conventional, Agencies or Nationwide.

mattroberts123

Premium Subscriber
Can you guys explain this OKWIN and related info to a newbie?

Basically, I am primarily interested in listening to OHP feeds between Tulsa and Vinita.

I have listened to the main Tulsa feed online here at radioreference, but it doesn't seem to be getting the OHP feed. I say this because I actually got pulled over Sun 5/20/2012 in the morning. I listened to the feed during that time and heard no chatter regarding my pull over, so it seemed like I wasn't listening to the correct feed.....?

Can anyone provide any more info? I am not opposed to buying my own scanner and getting away from the online feeds, but the online part would be nice for while I am sitting here at my desk.

Thanks in advance.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Can you guys explain this OKWIN and related info to a newbie?

Basically, I am primarily interested in listening to OHP feeds between Tulsa and Vinita.

I have listened to the main Tulsa feed online here at radioreference, but it doesn't seem to be getting the OHP feed. I say this because I actually got pulled over Sun 5/20/2012 in the morning. I listened to the feed during that time and heard no chatter regarding my pull over, so it seemed like I wasn't listening to the correct feed.....?

Can anyone provide any more info? I am not opposed to buying my own scanner and getting away from the online feeds, but the online part would be nice for while I am sitting here at my desk.

Thanks in advance.

There may have not have been any radio traffic about your stop, with the advent of MDT's there is less radio traffic about stops than there used to be. Also a live feed could be on a delay of 10 min. or more, plus with multiple agencies on 1 system your live feed could have been locked on one agency while OHP was talking. I suggest getting your own radio for your travels. Where did you get stopped at.

mattroberts123

Premium Subscriber
There must have been radio traffic regarding my stop.

I was told by the officer that they had several call-in complaints regarding my driving/speed. He was waiting for me at approx MM 260 EB WWTP, finally pulled me over at approx MM 263.

I would LOVE to hear what the dispatch was saying about me to warn him of my soon to be arrival at his location.

Time when the complaints came in could have been any time between 10:00am - 10:45am on Sunday 5/20/2012

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
You don't need a scanner you need a V-1, like I said somtimes there is radio traffic, sometimes instant messaging on MDT's or pagers too. I didn't personally hear anything about it.

mattroberts123

Premium Subscriber
You don't need a scanner you need a V-1, like I said somtimes there is radio traffic, sometimes instant messaging on MDT's or pagers too. I didn't personally hear anything about it.

hahah! You're right!! :)

I have a V1, it alerted me to the officer's location about 2 miles early. By the time he was radaring me, I was going 74. He mentioned that they had SO many complaints on me that he claimed he had to stop me and investigate... yet he had no real proof of my speed. He also mentioned that he let several WB speeders go because he had to wait for me based on the calls they received.

I still assert that I was maintaining the speed limit the whole time..............

SUPER SUPER SUPER nice OHP officer... I still would love to hear what the dispatcher was saying and any additional related chatter. If what he told me was true, there had to have been quite some talk on the radio.

mattroberts123

Premium Subscriber

Any way to track the instand messaging that they send/receive?

I now realize that it might be in my best interest to get a scanner in the car and track this info while I am driving.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
No. Only thing you can get is the radio traffic. With your own scanner you can pick what you want to hesr vs. what someone has online. A GPS based unit would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.