OHP Troop B - Beats / Sectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
It was so interesting to see the sectors map for TPD. Does anyone know how OHP Troop B Tulsa operates? Do they simply assign units to different highways (such as the Creek on 34416...)
or by a sector of each county? Would love to see a beat/sector map,,,,,

Thanks -so much- for your time,.

n5bew1

It was so interesting to see the sectors map for TPD. Does anyone know how OHP Troop B Tulsa operates? Do they simply assign units to different highways (such as the Creek on 34416...)
or by a sector of each county? Would love to see a beat/sector map,,,,,

Thanks -so much- for your time,.

What I've seen is that troopers are assigned to a county or two and just work those areas. Cleveland and McClain counties share troopers because of I-35. That is Troop A rural. Troop A metro is just Oklahoma county. Sometimes they will take calls out of county if called on. Perhaps someone in Tulsa that listens a lot can add more to the discussion.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
From what I have gathered on the Turnpike side is that Troopers are assigned to that area only and share calls with Muskogee (Troop C) and operate on the B T-1 and C T-1 ID's, the Creek leg has an office off of 71st just east of the Turnpike. Dispatching is handled by both Troop B and Troop C but Troopers have to advise both B,C seperatly when they have radio traffic. One Troop B Trooper that was Creek County, Baker 424 has now moved to the Creek Turnpike and is now know as X-Ray 424. as far as the rest of Troop B's area I am not sure.

Chaos703

Each county is assigned to a Troop. Troop B, for example, includes Tulsa, Creek, Okmulgee and Rogers counties. Each individual road Trooper is assigned to one of the counties within his troop and has free range within that county (in metro areas they are told to stick close to certain areas during peak hours).

Each turnpike is a separate troop and the turnpike troopers only work the pikes. This is because the pike units are actually funded by the Turnpike Authority, not DPS. Following is a list of the Turnpike troops:

Troop XA-Will Rogers
Troop XB-Muskogee
Troop XC-Indian Nation
Troop XD-Cherokee
Troop XE-Creek
Troop YA-Cimarron
Troop YB-Turner
Troop YC-H.E. Bailey
Troop YE-J. Kilpatrick

Beyond the standard road troops, there are special assignment troops as well:

Troop O-Aircraft
Troop R-Capitol Patrol