OHP Troop K Perry Now On OKWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Does the RRDB change today mean Troop K no longer has any low-band traffic? How in the world are troopers in Osage County getting in to the OKWIN system when the closest base is either Tulsa or Stillwater?

Bart,
The change in the database does not imply that Troop K or any Troop other than maybe A and B are completely OKWIN 800. It is know that any trooper that can't reach their dispatcher on 800 either uses low band or tells the County Sheriff they are assigned to where they are and what they are doing. The northern part of Osage and Kay counties are probably still contacting the dispatcher on low band or just letting the county dispatchers know whats going and the rest is probably either done on the phone or mdts..aka..mobile cop.
Troop A was simulcasting their dispatch traffic on side 1 44.7 when i lived in Stillwater from 2008 to 2012. I do not know if they are know since I live in Tulsa now.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
Bart,
Troop A was simulcasting their dispatch traffic on side 1 44.7 when i lived in Stillwater from 2008 to 2012. I do not know if they are know since I live in Tulsa now.

I have never heard any traffic on OHP's low band (in all my years of scanning--while both
mobile, or at home.....

But... I am mainly in NE OK (Troop B and L)

n5bew1

A few Sundays ago conditions were really good as I was hearing Muskogee OHP's 44.70 signal here in Norman. That night they had the 800 traffic patched to lowband. I don't know if that was a fluke but I could hear both sides of the traffic. I hear OHP in Perry on lowband quite a bit and I suspect it is the local Perry tower. as the remote lowband bases are just too far away. I use a ham 6 meter ground plane at 25 feet to listen to lowband. I also hear Clinton OHP but they are 80 miles away as is Perry.

SCPD

QRT
I hear L-825 every evening on the Bartlesville relay . So there still using low band

They probobly have to use low band out in Osage county. There are places where even a 100w VHF radio doesn't even get out.:roll:

peterjmag

So far the 800 coverage is limited. The most far north locations I have heard on 800 are I35 and 412, Perry,Cleveland, and far eastern Osage. All points north of that line are still using low band. I would say that Payne, Southern Pawnee and Southern Osage have the best coverage and it shows by the radio traffic and locations given daily.

peterjmag

I hear L-825 every evening on the Bartlesville relay . So there still using low band

Bartlesville is an area that is up to the trooper in it. Most of the traffic including L-825 is now on 800 however I'm sure it depends on the location he is and what mic he decides to pic up and talk on. If L-825 likes to talk low band in an area that is 800mhz poor then so be it. It comes down to what is routine and what is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.