OK for all marine band channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I live just two miles from the Arkansas River in Russellville, Arkansas. There is a fair amount of barge traffic coming up and down the river. I would like to use a Uniden BCT125AT to upload audio with text tags for all analog voice maritime VHF channels 1A - 88A, excluding radiotelephone channels of course. Would this be permissible?

fredva

Feed Provider
You can have a marine-only feed, as long as none of the channels conflict with the Broadcaster Terms of Service found here: Feed Provider Terms of Service - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm not looking at the list of marine channels right now, but there may be channels dedicated to Coast Guard operations. A dedicated USCG channel would probably conflict with the prohibition on broadcasting federal agencies, so I would exclude any of those to be on the safe side. I'm not talking about a channel the Coast Guard happens to communicate on but rather any that are reserved for USCG-only use.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with your River but I would guess all commercial vessels monitor Channel 16 and 13. Channel 16 is of course the Coast Guard emergency Channel but it's also a calling channel for all vessels and I have seen it streamed on apps.

You might want to do some research and find just what frequencies are used besides Channel 13. You might look at channel 12, 13, 14. Just search the whole Marine band and see what is actively used for the different barge companies and Maritime control.

As far as Coast Guard I don't think you would have any problem doing 16 + 22. I would avoid 21, 23, 81, 82, + 83. I would also avoid the VHF digital channels for the Coast Guard and I'm sure you have an active one in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.