• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

OK, for you dudes looking for POWER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The usual CB talk out the behind and mockery Hamsexy is notorious for.

http://www.allindiaradio.org/NIT/Tenderenquiry-13/4CX-15,000_A.pdf

I see where they're coming from, like where are the driver stages? Where is the power supply? Where are you going to get the 480V 3 phase mains to run the beast without turning your house to ashes? When was the last time you saw a CB antenna in orbit?

LO firkin L!

Well, you DID ask me what I think. (;->)

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
And I always enjoy your responses Warren! lol

I had to post this one for all those guys who think they need the power to get out...
480v 3phase most people never heard of, but I'm just wonderin' how many dudes here are wishin' and hopin'?! (ah, Dusty Springfield)

spotbeams

Back in the mid 1970's in Ft lauderale Florida off of state road 84 in Davie Fl we had a 240v 5000-7500 watt amp with part of it needing a 12v dc supply to make it work? Roommate was a tv tech at the time and he made it work. Had jumper cables fron outside through the window and the 220v ac from the stove .Lights would dim some when i keyed the mic ! Lol You could feel the amp on your body when you keyed the mic. The fcc was on State Road 84 and almost caught us.lol In a few months we cooked the amp and a few radios at the time.30000 watts? 460 v ac ? Man that is power but who needs it ? That is used on radio or tv stations i think..

kb2vxa

Banned
Ah dunno thahr Spot, yer lucky ta have survahved thet Redneck CB contrapshun. A TV tech? That figures, he may have come too close to the A2 lead too many times. The lights would dim sum? Sum dum gai... chee shee kai dai.

(Tong Yin gonna kill me.)

69Z28

Banned
Looks a little small to be a 30,000 watt amplifier.

Would have to wonder who the owner was to be brave enough to advertise it like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.