ok, I promised I would tell ... Timmins area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdbir

For those of you monitoring the Timmins Police and area ... be advised that a new system is going into effect shortly. The system is currently newly built and the radios are being programmed as we speak. The system is an LTR system, and , yes ... I am looking for all the info I can get about that to properly track all the frequencies in order. Good luck, it seems a little more trickier than the new OPP setup.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Timmins police service

I,ve been monitoring TPS on 142.485. Will the new system have a different frequency? Will my RadioShack be able to pick up the new one clearly. I have the Uniden BC72XLT. By the way Timmins EMS is on 413.76250. The LTR is that the same system used by OPP and Timmins EMS? Let me know.

Robin.P.Clement@hotmail.com

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
Timmins ambulance dispatch codes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Ontario and I have a scanner. On the ambulance freq. when they are dispatching call, they always say the following 2 terms followed by a bunch of munbers: UTM & Mappass (it sounds like that, might not be the way it is spell) Does anyone know what those 2 words mean. If so can you advise me and explain them.

Thanks in advance.

my e-mail is Robin.P.Clement@hotmail.com

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Timmins EMS is not on UHF. They have a few talkgroups on the Bell Mobility Radio FleetNet system.

What you're hearing is the mobile repeater, which might work some of the time, but it relies on a repeater being turned on in the ambulance.

Also, with respect to TPS and LTR. Are we sure this is what they are doing? LTR is a *horrible* choice for any public safety system. They'll find out in about 5 minutes why, if they end up doing so.

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
So it is not certain that TPS will go with LTR. If they change system I hope I could still listen to them. Thanks for you help.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Most newer scanners can listen to regual LTR.. esp if its digital it probably has LTR (unless its a pro-96).
Now if its one of the funky LTR's that cant be listened to on a scanner, then you will be out of luck.

Sorry I dont know the names (im no expert on ltr).

So it is not certain that TPS will go with LTR. If they change system I hope I could still listen to them. Thanks for you help.

hitsfm

no new timmins freqs

no new freqs in timmins in last 6 days been scanning all week still waiting on a hit

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Ontario and I have a scanner. On the ambulance freq. when they are dispatching call, they always say the following 2 terms followed by a bunch of munbers: UTM & Mappass (it sounds like that, might not be the way it is spell) Does anyone know what those 2 words mean. If so can you advise me and explain them.

Thanks in advance.

my e-mail is Robin.P.Clement@hotmail.com

UTM is Universal Trans Mercator which is a grid based location system. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Transverse_Mercator_coordinate_system

Mappass would be 'Map Page'... which is exactly what it seems. They have a map book in the ambulance, and dispatch is simply telling them their call is on map page XX.

Oh, and the OPP and EMS do not use LTR. They are on the Bell Fleetnet Motorola system.

dvdbir

Timmins Police is going to a new VHF LTR Trunking system. They have been testing the system for the past week and a half. I have the control channel programmed in with the new frequencies. The catch is to wait until it comes fully on-line to put them into the proper order sequence to properly track. As of last night, they were stil programming the radios to be put on-line. I still to not have an official date for this sytem to become operational.

dvdbir

Let me rephrase that, it is not a CONTROL CHANNEL per say, it's the channel they are using to identify the radios once they're programmed to make sure the ID's are working and displaying properly.

dvdbir

As of right now, 8:10 pm local ... programming continues on the new Timmins system radios, although the system currently remains off-line

ClemeRo1

Premium Subscriber
New police system

Do you have the frequency of the new channel of the TPS (for when it will be operational)? Will I be able to listen to it on my scanner?

newtoscanning

Home Channel

Home Channel

Are they going with Straight LTR, or are they doing passport or LTRnet or multi net?

Let me rephrase that, it is not a CONTROL CHANNEL per say, it's the channel they are using to identify the radios once they're programmed to make sure the ID's are working and displaying properly.

fireant

I know the PSR 500 on regular LTR you don't have to know the order of the LTR channels to follow a LTR system however not sure if that is the case on the PSR 300 and 400. Someone who owns one maybe able to answer that for sure. Good luck in your search.

Do agree LTR sucks for Public Safety!!

fireant

dvdbir

This is what I know at the moment, there is 28 channels that make up the Timmins new LTR system. The radios are still being programmed. It sounds like a time consuming project just setting it up. When I get more info on the channels and the system, I will pass it on .

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
There is NO way Timmins is busy enough for a 28 channel system (never mind the fact that LTR doesn't do more than 20).

Hell, even Toronto doesn't need that many channels except when it gets really busy.

dvdbir

Hey, this is just preliminary info, I will get the actual status once the system comes fully on-line. Yes, I agree that the facts might not be accurate at the moment, but the system isn't running yet !

Status
Not open for further replies.