OK Scenic Rivers Commission Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebennett

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what frequency(s) the OSRC park rangers are using on the Illinois River at Tahlequah? They used to have an FCC license listed but I don't see one now.

rusd

Premium Subscriber
156.015 Oklahoma state parks (secondary)
155.595 Cherokee Co. S.O. (main)
Have fun on the river and be safe.

Sparky_one

Watch out for anyone from one of the state commissions. They all seem to have a Barney Fife syndrome. Especially the ones from the Corporation Commission. I enjoyed years of deviling them with a dump truck that ran between McAlester and Hartshorn. It was exempt on so many levels it made their heads spin. It had standard hydraulic breaks. It had a religious based tax exempt tag. It had a GVW of 25 tons. But it looked commercial so whoever drove it knew to look out for commission police with an itch. As nice church people, we would let them go through their Roy Rogers speil. They would try to find something wrong with the first being that none of us had a CD. We would get that speech and as they were filling out their ticket book they would go back to get the tag and then usually go into a short tirade. It usually went, "This is not right, this is just wrong, you should not be allowed to do this, this is wrong, there should be a law." Then they would usually rip the ticket out of their book and tear it to pieces. Turns out that nothing about us was under their jurisdiction, not one single thing. It still didn't stop them from saying something like "get new tires on that rig or I'm going to call a trooper."
We did get some relief from the constant hassling when Bob Anthony visited our facility with his family and we told him about the constant harassment. He referred it to a supervisor who was surprised we were being bothered so much. She was especially bothered when we all told her that guy who bothered us the most wore a white hat. We nicknamed him "Roy Rogers." She said that a white hat was not a part of the uniform.

Secret_Squirrel

Nut Protector Extraordinaire
Heck, it being a church they probably needed a dump truck to haul all of the offering money around. I swear folks, if churches could be taxed, we could solve a ton of this nations problems funding different programs.

Or maybe it was the Gideons dump truck and they used it to dump of bibles at every jail and motel in the world.

Or maybe it was one of these new churches dump trucks and they needed it to haul around all of the bullshizzle they are trying to lay on people that are down on their luck.

BAH!

Status
Not open for further replies.