OK, what am I doing wrong? SDS200 favorites list troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB2GOM

I am using the Sentinel software with the SDS200.

I created 8 favorites lists, assigned each a quick key and a number tag, saved them, and uploaded them to the SDS200.

Immediately, I get a "nothing to scan" notification. I press the ZIP button, enter my ZIP code, and scanning begins.

I press "1" on the keypad to bring up favorites list 1. I get a screen that says Quick Key Navigation. I try pressing E for enter. Nothing happens.

I hit MENU to get out of that screen, hit menu again, navigate to manage your favorites, confirm that my favorites lists are there and that each has been assigned a quick key number. I click "manage FL startup key, make sure that each one is turned on, press menu several times to go back to scanning, press "1" to invoke quick key 1, and get the same screen for Quick Key Navigation.

Obviously, I need to do something to "invoke" each quick key, but I have no idea what it is.

Help, please.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
Go to MENU, Set Scan Selection , Select Lists to Monitor. Scroll down to your favorites list, and make sure it is turned ON.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
When using sentinel software go to top of page and select profile > select quick keys >. open file and check off quick keys you want loaded.

or when you see 'nothing to scan' select and free the key number and push enter.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In Sentinel, check that the proper service types are enabled in the profile. In the scanner you can do the same thing. MENU > Select Service Types. If favorites list is off in the scanner, Monitor is not enabled for that favorites list in the profile in Sentinel.

Status
Not open for further replies.